Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Download time... 19 hours?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Download time... 19 hours? 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by marsdinosaur » March 8, 2014 4:18pm | Report
I'm new to smite, looking forward to playing a fresh competitive game and experiencing all the different gods available. First thing about this game though that struck me as weird is the launcher. There's nowhere for me to monitor my kbps/mbps, it auto launches tutorials which would typically make any download slower, especially on my not-particularly-amazing connection, and that there's no p2p download option, as large games usually take advantage of p2p downloading for increased download speed. But in short, I noticed after about 30 minutes that I'm only 3% done downloading, which I'm gonna guess is about 50kbps. Abysmal, at best. I typically get minimum 350 kbps, to maximum 2.5 mbps. My internet browsing is also horrendously slowed considering im only downloading such a small amount of data per second. Is this a common issue with the down loader? I've discovered how to disable the tutorials, although I fully intend to watch them at some point. but other than that, the download is going smoothly. The rate is constant enough, the timer is counting down in real time from 19 hours and 40 minutes onward. It's just SLOOOOOOW. Any help would be appreciated, my computer exceeds minimum requirements for the game and such. just seems to be an issue with the launcher/patcher.

marsdinosaur

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 8, 2014 8:02pm | Report
This is happening to me as well. I tried to download the recent Scylla (the new goddess) patch but the download got stuck, so I tried downloading again and it said that Smite is badly broken. So I deleted all of my Smite files and re-downloaded it.

For the first hour or so it looped between o.o% to 0.6%, then got a little bit over it. I decided to leave my PC on and go to sleep, and now it's on 40.8%, after about 7 hours of sleep. Just give it time. That's the only answer.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }