Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Could We Have Something Like This?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Could We Have Something Like This? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 11, 2014 6:35pm | Report

Something like this on the front page. The reason I say this is because the only guides that are really "featured" are the ones that are new and the top guides of the month. Guides that are successful and work is still being put in them should still be featured regardless of them being months old. I will admit it is hard to find some guides even through "Most Popular" filler.

This may be one of the reasons that the guides on this site aren't referred to as much as other websites. New members see the new guides -> they see they suck -> they make generalizations. Not everyone is like that but many people are :(.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » November 13, 2014 1:42pm | Report
I would definitely like that. I think this will come whenever we have time to switch SmiteFire over to a template more like MOBAFire (which was recently switched over to be more like our new sites, and the front page simplified).

I also have been working on improving the clarity of guide ranking / scores. Recently we changed the god page guides to show their last update date instead of created date, which was making them appear to be hella old.

I think something is funky with either the guide ranking or bar display for the top guides, which is what I'm focusing on prodding the Devs to check out / improve right now. I feel like this will help a lot with the perception of SmiteFire guides.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 16, 2014 3:56pm | Report
Looking forward to seeing this in the near future!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }