Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Loki Redesign Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Signatures & Artwork » Loki Redesign Idea 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » August 5, 2014 1:53pm | Report
I'm going to give my artwork and my reasoning why I made this drawing on a Loki redesign.

If they do change Loki I hope they follow this line of ideas when making him (I borrowed this from JAC OneManBand and Sleep Aripsure to describe Fox from Team CVFY Breakdown Video but in my style to better fit Loki).

Weapons of a Murderer
Clothes of a Prince
Looks of an Actor
and the Personality of a Trickster.
With this Line of thinking I gave Loki this look and I will break it down by each section.

Weapons of a Murderer: In Smite Loki now and in this illustration carry twin daggers and are both assassins, so giving him daggers like most back stabbers in MOBAs he murders his enemies in cold blood.

Clothes of a Prince: I decided to give him this kind of clothing is because even though he's not Odin's son by blood, Loki is still royalty and in a high place among all the other Asgardians besides Thor, his wife, and the other children of Odin. The pouches and belts give him a look of he's going out into battle and he's going to fight.

Looks of an Actor: In written records and depictions Loki they say that he's to be seductive and handsome, as seen by Tom Hiddelson in the Thor movies, so I decided to give him a gentleman like look to his appearance.

Personality of a Trickster: Trickster is in Loki's title so if they were to redo him, hope they keep his trickster like personality. In this illustration I gave Loki a sinister smile that says "Oh, I've tricked you, what are you going to do now?"

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 5, 2014 2:34pm | Report
You based this idea on the movie Thor way too much. SMITE is a game which bases the god's looks and moveset(not always) on their mythological lore.

Loki is actually Odin's blood-brother and is the father of many monsters like Fenrir. He fathered Fenrir, Hel, and Jörmungandr. He initally accompanied Odin and Thor in their travels in the beginning of Norse mythology but something turned him to the dark side. He is known as the trickster god, full of pranks and oddly sometimes known as the Norse god of fire. He is known to be able to shapeshift, just like Ao Guang or any dragon king.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » August 6, 2014 11:42am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

You based this idea on the movie Thor way too much. SMITE is a game which bases the god's looks and moveset(not always) on their mythological lore.

Loki is actually Odin's blood-brother and is the father of many monsters like Fenrir. He fathered Fenrir, Hel, and Jörmungandr. He initally accompanied Odin and Thor in their travels in the beginning of Norse mythology but something turned him to the dark side. He is known as the trickster god, full of pranks and oddly sometimes known as the Norse god of fire. He is known to be able to shapeshift, just like Ao Guang or any dragon king.

I wasn't trying to base it off of the Marvel Loki, I was looking at old depictions of Loki and decided what he should look like. The Tom Hiddelson comparison was a joke, I wasn't trying to base it of him from the Thor movies. I would have made him look more goblin like from some of the older depictions and demo drawings but I decided not to. Also Loki is not related to any of the asgardians by blood, his real parents were two giants called Farbauti and Laufey. I did research on Loki before drawing him, I never wanted him to be based on anything else beside my depiction and his lore that's all.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » August 7, 2014 10:24am | Report
I'm going to disband this idea, and I'll be redoing Loki appearance sticking more to his lore.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }