Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What's wrong with me?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What's wrong with me? 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 13, 2013 3:32pm | Report
I don't know where to put this, but I'll place it here. I don't really know what is happening to me; I'm raging way more than I should. No, I do not flame at the chat. But I rage physically, scream, scratch myself, etc. My parents are telling me to stop playing games, so I would stop acting like that. And if I don't manage to control myself, they said they'll do something about it.

Now, here is the problem. The only games I currently play are MOBAs( Smite, League). But I always find myself raging too much when I play Smite, more often than League( I just had an terrible League rage attack, thus I decided to rage quit). Everytime I have EVER left a game was because of Lagging or Crashing, but not raging. That was the first time I've ever ''rage quitted''( You guys might have heard me saying: ''I rage quit if that happens'' on the podcast, but that was just a joke).

What should I do? I'm really getting way too much stressed, even tho I've spent a lot on both games, and I love playing them. The challenge, the fun, etc.

Of course, sometimes I do discuss with the Team Mates about things, specially when someone starts raging when its not someone's fault.

Tl;dr: I've been raging a lot, physically, on the games I've been playing. What do you recommend me to do, other than take a break of it?

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » December 13, 2013 3:37pm | Report
My suggestions is play the more 'fun' game modes. Arena, Domination, MotD. Not necessarily assault or 'serious' based game modes. It helps take the edge off. This IS a game for fun, so if you're playing for an end result win, it won't necessarily be fun. However, since in arena or domination you can absolutely destroy as you yourself, and not necessarily get forced into eventually losing teamfights or such, it can be much more fun. That's why I don't play conquest unless I'm playing with people - it's way too serious.

I suppose that's my other suggestion - play with people often, and make sure they're fun, playing-for-the-game people. If you play with people out to win they'll most likely actually rage at you. But I've been playing with people on the site, and a lot are lighthearted, so it's fun.

Also, play gods you aren't used to, in ways you aren't used to. I lost an arena as Chronos, but went 12-8 as a FULL movement speed build, and it was hilariously fun! When you do that, you surprise yourself at what works - you go in expecting it to be troll, but when you do well, it's an extremely pleasant surprise. That can help too :)

TL;DR, fun game modes, fun people, fun builds.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 13, 2013 3:37pm | Report
I know how you feel I raged alot back then and I almost still do, but it's to the point where I scream a loud noise then laugh afterwards. Really I can say this: Jokes. This'll by far keep you from raging it always keeps me I watch some videogamedunky and then bam. I'm done for the day, never rage for that entire day.

Edit: ^ Yeah, what Raventhor said. If you like, you could play with me and Raventhor today, if both of you don't mind.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 13, 2013 3:42pm | Report
If you have a iProduct, play on block me. Lol. But seriously, definitely do what Raventhor said. Or try to play slightly less or do bot games and just screw around.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 13, 2013 4:28pm | Report
Thanks guys, I already feel a bit better. And UnknownPandr, I also watch dunkey. Then I realized he had a new video... lmao. That guy is awesome.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » December 13, 2013 4:33pm | Report
Right? His videos are the best. :D

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » December 13, 2013 4:37pm | Report
Don't take casual seriously? I do that. I just take ranked seriously. I don't even care if everyone on my team is all adc in a casual conquest.
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 13, 2013 7:06pm | Report
It's not something uncommon among gamers. I used to have my moments where I would rage pretty good. Would include things like shouting, getting angry, or rage quitting the game (have never rage quit a Smite match, though). Some of the worst it's gotten was me breaking a controller or two after throwing it on the ground (not slamming it, mind you, more like a toss), throwing a water bottle or notebook on my desk on the ground, and I even punched my desk once a while back, lol.

I've gotten a lot better with it over the last year or two. Every time I would get like that, I'd be like you and ask myself 'what's wrong with me?' because it really is problematic. On the one hand, it is a game, but through a gamer's perspective, if you're doing your job and doing it right, but your teammates are making poor decisions that are affecting you, that gets really annoying. I've just learned to try my best to control myself if I get annoyed. Sometimes I feel like having an outburst, but most of the time I'll just take a deep breath, shake my head in annoyance, and move on.

If at all possible, if the game is getting you annoyed, when you're finished with your match, take a few minute break to collect yourself, or even go play a game that won't get you angry for a bit. There are a few games I enjoy playing that won't annoy me or anything, such as Minecraft or Sid Meier's Civilization 5. Very relaxing games for me.

However, Raventhor's way is probably the best way. Playing with friends definitely cuts down on the anger or annoyance in pretty much anything. Hell, when I play with friends, mostly on other games, we even have fun when we're losing. Playing with friends usually allows you and your team to do better as a whole and just allows you to have more fun whether you're winning or losing.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » December 28, 2013 2:59am | Report
I just like to go on with my friends, join any old match (often practice) and then go entirely crazy and have a laugh with it. When you're bored, it can be fun to try and lose to arena bots, or try and go completely ham on them. It's just rather ironic to play a game you're not having fun with. Because the point of games is, you know, have fun!
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }