Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite Specs (Picture Included)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smite Specs (Picture Included) 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 5:02am | Report
Can someone explain to me what this means.
I googled "Smite Specs" which takes you too the system requirements
It then tells you the minimum and recommended requirements.
It then allows you to type in your computer specs to see if you can run smite or not.
I have two laptops in my home so first I typed in the specs to my ****py laptop and of course it said it couldn't run smite which it doesn't/
I then typed in the specs of my better laptop which lets me run smite sort of smooth on low settings and of course it said it can run it on low settings.

Now heres my thing. Both of these laptops show that the graphics card is the only thing not meeting the requirements unless put on low settings then the one laptop I have barely is able to play smite.

Here is where I am getting with this :
I then typed in the specs of a computer I can buy for $400 and it showed that the Graphics Card blew way past that requirements even for recommenced settings.
The red bar I assume is where you need your specs to meet to play on recommended settings.
So my question is, this Graphics card (GPU) says its 200% over the system requirements for smite which I assume means its even better than what you need to play smite.

So then would I be able to play Smite on Max settings if I were to have these specs?
Right now I play on the lowest :( Here is the photo of the specs I can buy for $400
[/img]

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 5:08am | Report
To compare these specs of what I can buy VS what my laptop I play on now does
If I was to show you the specs of the laptop I use the blue bars would say this
The laptop I use now
CPU = this bar would be on around 205%
GPU = this bar is at about 53% (this is low as hell compared to the specs above)
RAM = 200%
The Computer I can get for $400 (the photo above)
CPU = looks to be about 351%
GPU = 348%
RAM = 200% (the same)

So my laptop is 53% under the recommended requirements but If I buy the new computer I will have 351% that blows my old graphics card away and poops on it.

So my question for those of you who know about these things.
If that GPU is considered 351% over recommended smite requirements does that mean I can play on max settings?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 20, 2013 5:25am | Report
I find that really hard to tell. If you really care you could go premium user on game-debate, appareantly it lets you check the predicted FPS per setting.

If it's of any help;
I can run a consistent 150 FPS at Max settings, my stats:

CPU = 580%
GPU = 730%
RAM = 400%

EDIT:
I googled some of it, I think your CPU is well capable of running it on max.
Your GPU is a tad low on GPU, but for Smite that doesn't matter. (There's not alot of map rendering going on, since maps are mostly static).
4GB RAM should be enough unless you are running Vista + alot of background programs.

So I th���­nk it should be fine for MAX settings, I personally don't see where it would go wrong at least.
But don't take my word for it. :)

EDIT2: knowing what your current rig has, hardware-wise, could help me kinda compare it.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 5:29am | Report
:( On my laptop I play with literally 15-23ish fps in conquest on low settings!!!
my GPU is only 110% on low settings but on recommenced settings my GPU is like 51% which seems sad.

So I'm guessing that I should probably get a computer :D
OMG If I get a computer that runs smite well I'm going to legit go try hard and never lose a smite game unless someone is good.

I legit don't even care about smite sometimes when I'm playing 18fps in conquest I want to kill myself and log off the game. Try playing Anhur with 18fps you will not play conquest anymore thats for sure

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 20, 2013 5:32am | Report
I decided to google it up. Smite's reccommended requirements are as followed and in the GENERAL thumbrule, these are the requirements to play on high settings - not max.

- Processor:Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz (<- Yours is pretty close to that, so your CPU might be just-just)
Memory:4 GB RAM (<- again, you don't exceed it, so it might lack for max settings)
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / AMD Radeon HD 6950 or better with 768 MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 Compatible) (<- http://www.hwcompare.com/11923/radeon-hd-6950-vs-radeon-hd-7770/
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 20, 2013 5:34am | Report
I make it sound like your system might not be enough, and if I were you and I'd REALLY want max settings, I would assume so too. But I don't want to discourage you. When I had to buy a new computer I ran into the same problems, later I just decided to spent a little more and be certain of great quality and FPS for the years to come. I bought my PC early 2012, and I have yet to find a game that can contest it!

So yea, your aspiring picks might be enough, but it also very well might not be. I would advise for spending a little more or at least await other people's opinions on the matter. :)
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 5:43am | Report
How do you know that recommended settings for smite mean high settings?

Either way if you want to know the specs of the laptop I use this is what it is.
CPU = intel core i3-2328M @2.2GHz
GPU = intel HD graphics 3000
RAM = 4.00GB

I can only play on low or the game gets really ****py, well its aleady bad but in arena I can deal with it and 3v3 I can deal with that, but conquest is eww.

Now you know why I rage maybe? I would assume that is a huge upgrade from what I am playing on now?

And I find it funny that the laptops I have cost more than building a computer and the computer is better, all I can say is wow.

Oh and if you thought these specs where bad keep in mind this is the so called "good laptop" I use to play on, before this laptop I was using my other laptop that was even worst.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 20, 2013 6:01am | Report
Oh yea, your GPU will become a dedicated one instead of your laptop's built in one. Needless to say you will be making a huge step forward.

Most laptops are far more expensive because the hardware is smaller. The smaller something gets the more expenses have to be made to build it. But yea, it is a pleasant suprise how much better you can get for the same price when you go the desktop-route.

I don't know where I once read it, or if it's even true or not. But I have this fixed thought that when a game gives out "reccommended settings" it's for medium-high settings. Had something to do with ensuring to live up to the expectations. (They never give out specs for max settings, as that would usually mean high specs and discourage people from buying the game).

At the very least you will be able to play the game as it was intented, proper quality and proper FPS. But I can't guarantee you a proper FPS on max settings. I'm just not sure.
That's just my 2 cents.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 6:12am | Report
Wait I can fix this with no money involved, how about you give my your computer and I give you my laptop fair trade?

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }