Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite D&D Character Template(s)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Smite D&D Character Template(s) 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » August 24, 2018 6:44pm | Report
As some of you know or don't, I am an avid player of D&D and I like Smite. Not sure if everyone else plays the game but recently I've been remaking the gods in the game and fit them into the D&D world. In this case, I will be showcasing an idea of what it will look like.

Since she's the protagonist of this game, we'll start with a D&D version of Bellona.

Race:
Human (Variant)
While you can go standard, Variant gives you more options with adding one point to two of your ability scores as well as a feat that can add more to starting a character. I would put those ability scores into both STR and CON and for a feat, I would go with Martial Adept for more maneuvers (which I will explain when we get to class).

Ability Scores:
I will be using the standard points from the PHB, so with that her ability scores and their modifiers will go as followed (inducing the additional point from choosing Variant Human as a race):
STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 8 (-1)
CON: 15 (+2)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 13 (+1)
CHA: 12 (+1)
While some might argue her Dex could be a bit higher given some of her mobility, I'm focusing on making her a more strength-based fighter and it would benefit her to focus on her ability to hit hard and take hits just as hard.

Background: Soldier
For obvious reason but also the skill proficiency in Athletics and Intimidation fits her lore as well.
While characteristics if for flavor and role play points, you can make it whatever you want but if you're interested here are the standard characteristics given that I feel makes her feel like Bellona.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personal Trait:
I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
Ideals:
Nation. My city, nation, or people are all that matter.
Bond:
Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw:
I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.

Class: Fighter
Again, obvious given who Bellona is but there's more to Fighter than what is the name intends. Since we're staring at level 1 we get to chose a Fighting Style. For an FS, we're going to go with Dueling since she usually wields one weapon in her hand but it should also be noted you still gain the benefits while having a shield in the other hand.
When you hit level 3, you get to choose a Martial Archetype and we're gonna go with Battle Master because of the name but also this is a very versatile archetype with the ability to use a Superiority Dice to activate one Maneuver.
For Maneuvers I would pick Disarming Attack, Rally, Sweeping Attack, Pushing Attack, and Trip Attack (3 from the archetype and 2 from the feat) these Maneuvers offer a good amount of both damage and CC (like Bell in the game).
For your Skill Proficiency, I've picked things to makes her a solid brawler as well as other flavor proficiency:
Athletics, Insight, Intimidation, and Perception of all good skills both in and out of combat.

Equipment:
Chain Mail, Long Sword, Shield, explorer's pack, and two Handaxes are the items you should choose at Level 1. Don't worry, you can buy items that better fit Bellona later on in the game if you find them or buy them from a blacksmith.

What do you think so far, if there's something I could change let me know. If you got an idea for a god in D&D you can attempt it yourself or ask how I would do it.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » August 25, 2018 9:52am | Report
I decided to go through and make a more visual update on Bellona. I've changed her Alignment as I feel CN doesn't fit her all that well but again that's just for flavor.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }