Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Korra Book 1 evaluation (SPOILAHS)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Korra Book 1 evaluation (SPOILAHS) 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HolyPudding » November 27, 2014 11:51am | Report
So about a week back I finished the first book of LoK and I have a list of positives and negatives I had when watching it. Spoilers, by the way.

Good things: Amon. Holy ****, this guy is better than any villain the first season came up with. He is threatening, scary, justified in his cause and most of all his backstory and actions were amazing. All this awesomeness comes with a problem I'll get into later.

Asami: Honestly, this character was great. She was definitely the best in terms of backstory and her relationships in the group, seeing as she ended up having to betray her own father which was a moment I truly respected as great writing. But she leads into ANOTHER problem, later...

Ok, basically all the characters were great. Even those that didn't get much screen time like LBZ got a ton of personality to their name. Every one of the characters is well acted and well written, so that's all good.

The equalists: These guys were always threatening, always there and they had awesome designs and weapons. Shame they're gone really.

Now some things I didn't like:

NOT ENOUGH OF AMON AND BY EXTENSION THE EQUALISTS. SERIOUSLY. We have these awesome villains that just go criminally underused and I hated that.

Republic city: A drab location where the ENTIRE SEASON is spent. Quite a letdown considering how many colourful environments other shows have. Heck, even Gravity Falls has so many varying environments it doesn;'t get boring, and that's within a single town.

The love triangle/square/I DON'T EVEN KNOW. Ok, one episode on this (which there was) is fine, but having it be a major plot point is dumb, especially with so few episodes and such cool villains and characters in general.

Overall, it would have been awesome IF ONLY there had been more episodes. That would allow for the pro bending and love triangle to be thing without it draining from the main story. Just my thoughts though.
"We are none but friends

All born to the same forum

Why not live in peace?"

HolyPudding

Established (19)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }