Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Just watched: Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Just watched: Transformers: Age of Extinction. 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 8, 2014 3:02am | Report
It's all eye candy. But the characters and plot... THE ****ING PLOT!

I just... argh. Someone slap me. I'm so cheap. I love the animation and graphics. It was obvious MB was showing off his camera and directing skills as well as special effects. But the ****ing writing. What's worse, he can get away with it with! God, his just making fun of us now! The whole writing is a joke! The first one was way better.

Here's an example: The part where they interrogate them. Asking where Optimus is. Then when he does come out and they run away from the confusion. The bad guys CHASE the human characters while a helicopter chases Optimus. Didn't they want Optimus? Why the **** do they still need to go after the human characters then!?

(Also. The amount of America flags that was shown is ridiculous.)

Sigh. Still liked half of the movie I think...
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 8, 2014 3:58am | Report
Oh ho ho ho ho ho, if you think the writing in Age of Extinction is bad, just WAIT until you watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Seriously, there are so many cheesy, cringe-worthy one-liners present throughout the whole film. Heck, there are whole scenes that are cringe-worthy. And not to mention a ton of jokes that fall short...

At least the action scenes are good. I mean, Michael Bay and all.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » October 8, 2014 5:03am | Report
I watched this long ***, god awful movie in theaters. There were so many moments where I was wondering when it would finally end, and it felt like an eternity until it did.

I will give Mark Wahlberg credit in that he wasn't bad in it, but pretty much everyone around him were just horrible. His daughter was dumb as hell and was only there to serve as the typical useless damsel in distress. Her boyfriend was even more annoying, and I was hoping to see Wahlberg's character shoot him. Neither character had any redeeming qualities, and the movie would have progressed just fine, probably even better, without them.

Another problem with the movie is that, even though it was a horribly long, they tried to cram way too much into it and ended up not putting enough focus on anything in it. They tried to do the whole evil corporation thing, they tried to do the whole Megatron thing, they tried to do the whole bounty hunter thing, and in the middle of it all, they randomly and conveniently found some old *** dinosaur Transformers to help them out. It's like they took scripts for four or five Transformers movies and decided to mash them all together into a cluster **** of stupid. And the worst part is that almost none of it was resolved. There's still a **** ton more to continue on just from how this movie ended. It's the same thing they did with the recent Spider-Man movie, though to give Transformers some credit, I wasn't expecting it to be a good movie like I did with the Amazing Spider-Man 2, which I was sadly disappointed with. That's what I get for getting my hopes up for a Spider-Man movie.

Granted, the Transformers series isn't exactly that well received by a lot of people, but at the very least, the first three could keep some interest with some of the action scenes and stuff, despite having Shia LeBeouf in the leading role, which definitely brought the series down some. But this movie couldn't even keep me interested with the action. The human characters, aside from Wahlberg, were horrible. Even most of the Autobots weren't very good. Optimus is always bad ***, and the one John Goodman played was pretty good, but the others in the group were forgettable, even Bumblebee, who was always pretty meh to me anyway.

In all, this movie sucks. Total waste of almost three hours of my life. I knew it wasn't going to be good going into it, but ********, did it surpass my expectations in a very bad way.

TL;DR: This movie ****ing sucks. Don't bother with it unless you like horrible characters, insanely long movies that, despite how long it is, try to jam way too much **** into it to the point where they can't even resolve anything, or are such a huge Transformers fan, you just have to see it. Hell, even if you are a Transformers fan, I still wouldn't recommend it. It sucks so bad.

As for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles thing, I didn't watch it, and don't really feel the need to. I love the TMNT, but I feel like there are some things that shouldn't cross over into live action, and TMNT is definitely one of those things.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » October 8, 2014 6:11am | Report
MB will now and forever be known for his good directing skills, and HORRIBLE writing. lol

Was thinking of watching the TMNT movie. And I'm actually fine with cheesy one liners and short jokes. As long as there aren't useless characters. And I'm fine with relatively "small" loop holes that you can barely notice. Not like "Nuke" holes this Transformers had...
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » October 9, 2014 1:44am | Report
MadDanny wrote:

MB will now and forever be known for his good directing skills, and HORRIBLE writing. lol

Was thinking of watching the TMNT movie. And I'm actually fine with cheesy one liners and short jokes. As long as there aren't useless characters. And I'm fine with relatively "small" loop holes that you can barely notice. Not like "Nuke" holes this Transformers had...

There are useless characters. April O'Neil, despite being an original character from the comic, feels like she was just included literally to have Megan Fox in the film to attract views. Same goes for the guy that's there, that despite being a somewhat main character was so forgettable that I don't even recall his name being mentioned. Only the turtles feel like they have some purpose in the movie, along with Shredder of course. Not to mention the 'final' kill move on Shredder being INCREDIBLY cheesy and overdone. Not to spoil anything of course.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }