Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hip Hop Music Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Hip Hop Music Thread 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 5, 2014 7:07pm | Report
I've come to see many interests on this site. I respect all opinions but this is likewise to another thread titled "Best Music Thread." I'm not here to discuss which music is best but to share one genre of music; hip hop. It can be modern or old school rap idc. Share the love!

I can't believe I've never listened to Joell Ortiz before last month. His songs are quite fire.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » August 5, 2014 10:41pm | Report
I really like the Gorillaz. Their early albums though. Not the remix ones.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » August 6, 2014 2:20am | Report
same, when it first came out I never stopped listening to their first 2 or 3 albums faves are: rock the house, 19-2000 and Feel good inc

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » August 6, 2014 2:25pm | Report
I'll say what most people tend to say about the genre: Most hip hop artists these days are god awful. Their music sucks, they're obnoxious in themselves, and I fail to see how anyone can like them or their **** music.

That being said, I do like plenty of hip hop music, but I'm a more old school kind of person. Yeah, there are some modern artists that are still great, like Tech N9ne and a few others, but my love of the music comes mostly from the mid 80s to early 90s. Acts like Run DMC, The Beastie Boys, and Public Enemy are legends in my book and are the best of the best. Some other good ones are NWA, Geto Boys, LL Cool J, Gravediggaz, and plenty of others.

I'm sure there are more great acts that are more modern other than Tech N9ne, but it's just not my cup of tea. I can be very, very picky when it comes to music. I like most genres of music, but I'm picky within each of those genres.

And since we're sharing, I'll share these from the three legends I mentioned, though I'm sure any fans of the genre have heard them before:
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » August 13, 2014 3:18am | Report
This thread triggered me.

The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }