Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gone gymming - for gamers.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Gone gymming - for gamers. 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 7, 2013 12:50am | Report
Hi Smitee's,

I've been hitting the gym lately (past 4 months), mostly to get a more healthy balance between my real life and my gaming life. I have been making great progress lately and both my gaming and social life has improved because of it. (more energetic, generally happier, etc).
I have been following a pretty strict but easy workout routine that gives me a solid gain per week. (Just a normal weight lifting routine, no weird P90X stuff).

Now, a friend and I, were curious if it was a viable idea to set up a youtube channel for the specific group of people that are gamers/geeky/socially awkward or just plain beginners. Reason for this being that I have a little side project in my life aswell as some extra investment that keeps me hitting the gym.

I want to believe it's viable because the majority of gym-youtube-ers are already huge or don't really have much in common with gamers/geeks/etc.. It feels to me they usually give the false impression that if you just follow their routines, you get to their size in no time. Also you can't really relate to them if you do their workout and obviously don't reach their size. (Even when they say that you will get gains but not become a beast in no-time, you still lack that possbility of relating to them, comparison, etc).

I feel it might be more interesting, motivating and entruiging to see a youtuber who is at the lowest level/beginner, and is slowly and legitimately changing into a musclehead. You can relate, compare and keep yourself motivated, is the general idea anyway.

The exact content, be it informative, entertaining or a combination of both, is undecided.
But i'm mostly fishing for your thoughts on this, would you be interested in watching it or why not, what is your unbiased opinion, etc etc. :-)
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » November 7, 2013 2:21am | Report
Makes me think that there should be a web show about making skinny/fat gamers into a muscle man they can be! Or at least make them thinner if their fat or give them abs when they are thin.

What's even better if they make gamer girls hotter with that show. :D

Kind of like the biggest loser but with twists. Maybe some challenges would be game related etc
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }