Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Any IP savy people out there? :')

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Any IP savy people out there? :') 1 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » November 19, 2013 5:06am | Report
Hi Smitee's,

I was curious if any of you are somewhat knowledgable on the IP department. I study IT so I have decent enough knowledge but I can�¢ï¿½ï¿½t really find anything on my specific train of thoughts.

As you might or might not know, I have been permanently (IP) banned from Smite. I had the Hirezpatcher.exe running while I was using Cheat Engine on "The Binding of Isaac" to do some challenge runs. Needless to say, Hi-rez's automatic banhammer caught note of it and I was disposed of. Because of this I lost my competitive account with over a year of spent time, shucks, but I all is said and done.

I live on a student campus and because of this, I have a Dynamic IP given by means of IP leases. There are roughly 500 potential IPs in the rotation pool (at least that's what I've been told). And one of these IP's is the one registered as banned by Hi-rez (yes, that does mean if another student on my campus gets that IP and also plays Smite, he will be permanently banned, blegh). Unfortunately my IP already refreshed, and I have no idea what the banned IP is. But at some point I will get the banned IP again, and my new account will be banned, again. A scary thought, considering this I have to make a fake account everytime my IP refreshes to make sure it isn't the banned IP. If anyone knows a way around this, that'd be great.

The other question is, once I know what the banned IP is, I want to see if I can take it out of the potential pool of IP's that get allocated to my specific device. Meaning that I can not connect tot hat IP anymore. By doing so I can effectively assume I won't have to worry about auto bans anymore.

PS: I have stated why I was banned. This topic is not meant to lead into a discussion about the nature of my ban or Hi-rez' current ban policy in general. It's not relevant. I was justly banned because I did violate the EULA, although I disagree with the ethic justification for it.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }