Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Top Eight Teams Selected For SMITE Launch Tournament March 28-30

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Top Eight Teams Selected For SMITE Launch Tournament March 28-30 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 3, 2014 3:13pm | Report

Tournament Prize Pool at $175,000 and Rising

ATLANTA. February 27, 2014. Hi-Rez Studios today announced the eight teams that have secured a spot to compete in the SMITE Launch Tournament in Atlanta, Georgia.

Teams from North America and Europe have been participating in weekly qualification tournaments since January 4th of this year. After this weekend, the final teams have been selected and seeded as follows:

NA #1:
Cognitive Gaming

EU #1:
Team SoloMid

NA #2:
Team Dignitas

EU #2:
Cloud 9 HyperX

NA #3:
SNIPE

EU #3:
SK Gaming

NA #4:
Denial eSports

EU #4:
Team Coast

The SMITE Launch Tournament will take place from March 28-30th at Center Stage Theater in Atlanta, Georgia. This tournament will mark the first time the best NA teams compete against the best EU teams in a LAN environment for prizing. The tournament prize pool began at $100,000 and community contributions through in-game purchases have increased the prizing to over $175,000 as of today.

Hi-Rez Studios also announced additional details about the SMITE Launch Tournament venue and schedule as posted here.

SMITE is a free-to-play, mythology-themed 3D action MOBA game for the PC, which officially releases on March 25, 2014.

About Hi-Rez Studios

Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment. In 2010 the company released their first title, the squad-based shooter MMO Global Agenda. In April 2012 the company released the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend, billed as the World's Fastest Shooter. Hi-Rez Studios is now developing the upcoming action 3D MOBA game SMITE. For more information, visit www.hirezstudios.com or contact [email protected].

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 3, 2014 3:22pm | Report
Do you guys have any teams you're cheering for? I'm glad they included an even amount of NA and EU teams. :)

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » March 3, 2014 4:22pm | Report
Dignitas all the way. lol

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » March 3, 2014 4:32pm | Report
TSM, TSM, TSM.

*LoL TSM Hype*

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by King Ryan » March 3, 2014 8:44pm | Report
Where would I find vids of their game play?

King Ryan

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }