Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITE World Championship Prize Pool Reaches $1,000,000

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITE World Championship Prize Pool Reaches $1,000,000 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » October 14, 2014 6:36pm | Report

Tickets are now on sale for the World Championship, held in Atlanta on January 9 - 11, 2015.

ATLANTA, OCTOBER 8, 2014. Hi-Rez Studios today announced that the SMITE World Championship (SWC) prize-pool reached $1,000,000 USD, making SMITE only the fourth video game franchise in history to offer a single-event prize pool of $1 million or more, according to data tracked by esportsearnings.com.

SMITE is the online Battleground of the Gods, a mythology-themed action game for the PC and, soon, XBox One.

The SWC prize pool increases each time SMITE players purchase special exclusive content from the Odyssey, a special mythology-themed promotion inside of the game. Over $400,000 USD in community contributions have been made to the prize pool in 7 weeks. Another 14 weeks remain in the Odyssey before the prize pool amount is finalized. Additional Odyssey items will continue to be revealed weekly until the SMITE World Championship, which will be held January 9-11, 2015, at Atlanta's 2,750-seat Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre.

"As SMITE continues to grow, we are continuously humbled by how awesome and generous the SMITE Community of gamers is," said Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of Hi-Rez Studios. "The community has really rallied to support SMITE eSports, and we look forward to seeing the prize pool continue to grow over the coming months leading up to the SMITE World Championship."

To celebrate the milestone, Hi-Rez has released a video and a new website, through which tickets are now on sale for the World Championship event in January.

For more, visit http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/promo/smite-world-championship.

The SMITE World Championship will feature the top two teams each from North America, Europe and China, joined by the top team from Brazil, and the top team from Spanish-speaking Latin America.

Participants in the World Championships will be determined by the winners of various Regional Championships happening around the globe during November and December:

• The SMITE European Championship will be held Saturday and Sunday, November 15 to 16, 2014, at the ESL Studio in Cologne, Germany. Tickets for this event are currently sold out but you can watch live via twitch.tv/smitegame.

• The SMITE North American Championship will be held Saturday and Sunday, November 22 to 23, 2014, at Kessel D. Stelling Ballroom in Atlanta, within the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Complex. Tickets are available here.

• The SMITE Brazil Championship will be held December 6 at ComicCon Experience in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Further details to be released soon.

• The SMITE Hispanoamerica Championship will be held November 29 in Bogota, Colombia. Further details to be released soon.

• The SMITE China Championship will be held in Shanghai in late November. Further details to be released soon.

About SMITE

Since launching in Europe and North America in March, 2014, SMITE has quickly established itself as one of the Top 3 games in the rapidly growing MOBA genre, with over 5 million players. Themed around gods of mythology and offering a third-person camera and more game modes than any other leading game in its genre, the game provides a unique, action-packed experience that puts the player in the thick of the action.

About Hi-Rez Studios

Atlanta-based Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment, and is now one of the largest video game studios in the Southeast United States. Its games include the squad-based shooter Global Agenda, the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend, and SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods.
For more information, visit www.hirezstudios.com or contact [email protected].

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by festive1 » October 16, 2014 12:32am | Report
So excited for this :3

Cog Red will win!
I'm predicting Dagarz to go 1000/0 as Thor. Just a prediction though.

On a side note, Greenevers, when did you become a Editor? Did I miss a round of promotions?
You can check out my cool Ymir guide by clicking here
Thanks Lprats for making an awesome Ymir drawing :)
If you want to look at my old signature click by clicking here
PM Me if you want me to try to make signature for you

festive1

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » October 16, 2014 12:49am | Report
I'll get excited once the winner throws some of that money my way. Until then it's just a thing cluttering up my game client.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }