Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITE Spawns on Xbox One at SMITE World Championship

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITE Spawns on Xbox One at SMITE World Championship 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 17, 2014 9:23am | Report
SMITE Spawns on Xbox One at SMITE World Championship

by HiRez AT | Dec 17, 2014

Xbox One’s first action MOBA will be playable at January eSports tournament.

ATLANTA, GA – December 17, 2014 –
Hi­-Rez Studios today announced that the first public showing of SMITE on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, will be during the SMITE World Championship (SWC), being held January 9 - 11, 2015, at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre in Atlanta, GA.

SWC attendees will be able to play a pre-release version of SMITE on Xbox One in a dedicated area at the venue. In addition, those watching the live stream of SWC via Twitch will get a sneak peak at SMITE’s Xbox One gameplay during the first day of the competition. As the first multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) title to arrive on the console, SMITE has been remade from the battleground up to deliver the same deep action experience of the PC version with a comfortable, natural feel on Xbox One controllers.

The SWC will feature the top two teams each from North America, Europe and China, joined by the top team from Brazil and the top team from Spanish-speaking Latin America. Over three days of intense competition, these challengers will battle before a live audience and online viewers until one is crowned the SMITE World Champion.

The SWC prize pool, currently at over $1.7 million, increases each time SMITE players purchase exclusive content from the Odyssey, a special mythology-themed promotion inside the game. Over $1 million in community contributions have been made in the past 19 weeks. Another three weeks remain before the prize pool total is finalized, and additional Odyssey items will continue to be revealed until then.

Standard ticket passes for the SMITE World Championship are on sale now. Digital tickets are also available now through a special promotion for subscribers to Smitegame’s Twitch.TV channel.

For more information on the SMITE World Championship, visit swc.smitegame.com. For the latest news and updates on SMITE for Xbox One as it develops, follow SMITE on Facebook and Twitter.

About SMITE

SMITE is the online Battleground of the Gods, a mythology-themed action game for the PC and soon to be on Xbox One. Since launching in Europe and North America in March 2014, SMITE has quickly established itself as one of the Top 3 games in the rapidly growing MOBA genre, with over 5 million players. Themed around gods of mythology and offering a third-person camera and more game modes than any other leading game in its genre, the game provides a unique, action-packed experience that puts the player in the thick of the action. SMITE is free-to-play* on both PC and Xbox One.

Play for free at www.smitegame.com.

About Hi-Rez Studios

Atlanta-based Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment, and is now one of the largest video game studios in the Southeast United States. Its games include the squad-based shooter Global Agenda, the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend and SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods.
For more information, visit www.hirezstudios.com or contact [email protected].

*On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required for online multiplayer. Additional in-game content available and sold separately.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 17, 2014 10:36am | Report
I still dont think moving it into a console was a good idea, form a marketing stand point going PS4 would currently still be better.

idk maybe it's just me not wanting to see the more stupidity from the children that for the majority come from consoles will just have no idea how to play a moba.

then again i guess babies first moba smite would fit that role best because of it's base design just catering to more casual players.

meh at worst thsi will be a lose for hirez and will get them to realise moba's just are intherently not good for consols, at best they make some more money and maybe with more money they can fix some of the glaring problems with the game.

also smitefire will need a lot of guide reviewing with the newbies from the consols who will eventually come here.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 17, 2014 10:54pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

I still dont think moving it into a console was a good idea, form a marketing stand point going PS4 would currently still be better.

idk maybe it's just me not wanting to see the more stupidity from the children that for the majority come from consoles will just have no idea how to play a moba.

then again i guess babies first moba smite would fit that role best because of it's base design just catering to more casual players.

meh at worst thsi will be a lose for hirez and will get them to realise moba's just are intherently not good for consols, at best they make some more money and maybe with more money they can fix some of the glaring problems with the game.

also smitefire will need a lot of guide reviewing with the newbies from the consols who will eventually come here.

Make more money so they can hire more people for skin designing. To make even more money.

#Hirezlogic

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kalafalafakah » December 18, 2014 6:13pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

There was talks with ps4 a long time ago but nothing has been shown or announced about them. Also there may be quite a few kids on consoles but the odds of you seeing their stupidity are low considering they aren't going to be shared servers. You might see people on smitefire who ask stupid questions or seem pestering but I have seen that a good amount anyway and considering that this is a site for helping people get better or learn about the game that isn't really a problem.

As someone with too much experience with all of the platforms I feel this was a decent way to go. Smite is already pretty acidic and this might add a bit to that but it may also add a bit of decent people. After all my experience with meeting people on xbox has generally been less acidic than on smite. Also concerning the comment on kids most xbox players are teen to adult males and that's the way it is on most gaming platforms so yeah. The kids are simply more vocal because on consoles a means of communication is so ready since it is all standardized (on pc games you often need an external service like TeamSpeak, curse voice, or skype). Then the older crowd doesn't feel like talking to people they don't know usually. So hence why kids are so associated with consoles.

AND smite would actually work quite well on console I already know a few people who play with controllers on smite and are pretty good. That test UI is terrible though. I could make something designed better than that.

On another note I doubt they will allow accounts already made on pc to be able to be used on Xbox one but I hope they let me so I can destroy a few of my friends who stick to consoles.

Chiulin wrote:

Make more money so they can hire more people for skin designing. To make even more money.

#Hirezlogic

I get that this is a pick at Hirez and all but it wouldn't bother me if they made more skins like archon thanatos that we could just straight up buy... just saying. and there is nothing wrong with making some extra money by selling vanity items in a game. Business is business not charity.

Kalafalafakah

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }