Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Scylla arises from the deep

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Scylla arises from the deep 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 6, 2014 11:15am | Report
Scylla arises from the deep
by Hirez Maria | Mar 05, 2014

Ancient poems warn of a narrow channel of water so treacherous that death touches all who approach. Sailors must choose to risk their ship, traveling close to the monstrous whirlpool Charybdis, or instead hug the rocky shoals where dwells a creature some say is made from the nightmares of all men.

Scylla, they call her, Horror of the Sea. No ship that dares sail in her waters goes unscathed. Those that cling to survival whisper panicked tales of enormous black tentacles tipped with slavering hound heads ravaging whole ships to splinters with pitiless precision. Though it's her laughter, they say, that's most horrible; child-like, delighting in blood soaked murder as men are dragged into the dark abyss.

Poets have tried to romanticize this beast, to provide some humanity to her monstrosity. They write she was once a beautiful Naiad, wronged by a jealous priestess and transformed. Yet the old poems say she was born this way, beget by gods full of jealousy and loathing; dropped into the sea to terrorize mankind.

Would that she had remained in the sea, but the nightmare has come ashore. Dragged by dog-headed tentacles she roams our streets, plucks us from our beds, and fills the night with disturbing laughter. Scylla has come, and not even the gods can help us.

Scylla

Quick Learner (Passive)

Each of Scylla's abilities gain an additional effect at max rank. In addition, Scylla gains 20 magical power for each max rank ability.

Sic 'Em

Scylla sends two hounds forward rooting and crippling the first enemy hit for 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0/2.25s, and damaging for 60/110/160/210/260 +60% of Magical Power. At max rank, two additional enemies nearby the first target will also be hit. Cooldown 10s. Cost 60/70/80/90/100.

Crush

Scylla creates a magical field that applies a 30% slow to enemies in the radius. After 5s it detonates and damages 90/140/190/240/290 +80% of Magical power. Scylla may activate the ability again to detonate it early. At max rank, enemies in the area also have thier Magic Protection reduced by 25%, and targets hit by the damage are slowed for an additional 1s. Cooldown 10s. Cost 70/80/90/100/110.

Sentinel

Passive: Scylla gains 4/6/8/10/12 MP5 while this ability is not on cooldown.

Active: Scylla summons a sentinel to the target area, granting 40/50/60/70/80 vision of enemies for 5s. Scylla may activate the ability again within 5s to move to the sentinel location. At max rank, the vision is granted through line of sight blockers, and placement range increases by 5. Cooldown 15s. Cost 70/75/80/85/90.

I'm a Monster

Scylla reveals her true nature, becoming CC immune for the next 6s, and gaining +35% movement speed. She may make one powerful attack during this time, dealing 400/500/600/700/800 +120% of her magical power as damage. If she kills an enemy god with the attack, she gains another 6s and may attack again. At max rank, the movement speed bonus doubles. Cooldown 90s. Cost 100.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 6, 2014 11:20am | Report
As a side note sorry this was a day late. We had to knock out some bugs overnight that were preventing us from putting Scylla in. There's still a bug that is preventing her from being put on the front page etc as the "New God".

Now that those bugs are fixed I can work on updating the items / images. Thank you for your patience guys.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ChocoboCrusader » March 6, 2014 2:51pm | Report
Scylla is Fun to play with, I wants the Guan Yu Convention code So much!

ChocoboCrusader

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » March 7, 2014 8:54am | Report
I feel bad for you mowen. Having to update all those items. xD

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » March 10, 2014 12:44pm | Report
UnknownPandr wrote:

I feel bad for you mowen. Having to update all those items. xD

It was pretty grueling I'm not gonna lie. :P But it was nice in the end when we were one of the only sites to have an up to date item database for Smite. :D

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » March 10, 2014 1:08pm | Report
Since the new % based guide ranking system, there have been some bugs. The amount of comments doesn't show the right number in recent guides (it takes about 3-4 days after commenting until it shows the actual number of comments in the guide) and in threads (don't know if it's on purpose or not), it immediately shows one comment, even if no one commented. Like the thread itself is commented by you.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }