Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Arena Game Mode - Preview

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » New Arena Game Mode - Preview 18 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 26, 2012 7:57am | Report

" Domination features three lanes (along with the requisite creep waves) and a 5v5 configuration, similar to the game's classic mode, but that's essentially where the similarities end. There are also jungle camps scattered around the map, but the map layout doesn't appear to allow for a dedicated jungler of any sort due to the spread of the camps. At the midpoint of each lane is an obelisk that can be captured by either team by killing the giant Sand Demon that guards it and sitting on the point until the capture is finished. The Sand Demon essentially serves as a tower that will target players of the opposing side once controlled.

The objective is to capture the three obelisks and hold them in order to lower the tickets of the enemy team. The more obelisks controlled by your team, the faster the tickets will count down. The first team to reduce the enemy's ticket count to 0 is the victor. In fact, there is such a significant emphasis on map control in Domination that pursuing a course of simply destroying the enemy team won't necessarily ensure victory.

The visuals of Domination are clearly inspired by Egyptian mythology, offering players some new variety in locales to play in. The map glistens with golden sand and its perimeters are dotted with gigantic imposing pyramids out in the distance. The attention to detail in this map is impressive to say the least. Beginning with the spawning platform, players will notice monuments to some of Smite's existing Egyptian champions, such as Ra and Sobek; though Bastet is curiously absent. Close attention was even paid to the skybox, where a nebula shaped in the form of a phoenix is clearly visible in the night sky. In the lanes, the creeps consist of entirely new Egyptian themed models, including, of course, mummies!
Some of the stuff Hi-Rez has done with the map effects are also awesome to behold. The aforementioned obelisks float above each capture point and once the sand demon guarding the obelisk is defeated, the obelisk begins to crumble as the contesting team begins to secure the point. Once the point is fully captured, the obelisk shatters into myriad pieces scattered across the ground and a quartet of sand demons surrounding the point pops out of sealed boxes to yank gigantic chains from underneath the point, pulling up a pristine new obelisk in its place. In a similar fashion, the giant pyramid behind the losing enemy's spawning area will also shatter when the match is completed. It's all a visual treat and definitely adds to the experience. "

- © RTSGURU (Link)

This video was made in cooperation with Hi-Rez and MMOhut

We don't know the release date just yet, but this post will be updated, when we know the exact date of it.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jovy » November 26, 2012 8:11am | Report
sounds fun :3

Jovy

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » November 26, 2012 9:16am | Report
Thanks for posting! It's been put on the front page. ^_^

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minho » November 26, 2012 4:42pm | Report
Sounds awesome! ^^

Minho

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 26, 2012 9:10pm | Report
Hope you don;t mind me posting this, but if you are interested in watching some more full gameplay, HiRezBart has made a stream featuring some gameplay of domination mode. If you are interested, the link is here.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tukuto » November 27, 2012 8:27am | Report
im really looking forward to this, i hope it comes out soon ^_^

NOTE: apart from looking forward to this, i look forward to the day that i get put into the game (LOLZ)
[/img]

Tukuto

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lethalized » November 27, 2012 1:59pm | Report
Thanks for the post, got me exited!
IGN:Lethalize

Lethalized

Memorable (11)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Destructon » November 27, 2012 7:06pm | Report
This looks like it's going to be a pretty good game mode, glad they're adding new modes!!

Destructon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » November 28, 2012 6:11am | Report
I wonder how many modes the game will have in the end.
and will they all have their own look/feel from a pantheon.

this looks sweet XD
can't wait XD
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tantal » November 28, 2012 6:46am | Report
looking forward :)

Tantal

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }