Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dec. 10th Small Patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » Dec. 10th Small Patch 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » December 9, 2014 5:14pm | Report
We will be doing a small fix release the morning of December 10th.
Tomorrow morning about 4:00 AM EST we will be bringing the servers down to update them.

We anticipate about 2 hours of downtime.

Patch notes are as follows:

• Addressed an issue that caused players to be queued and invited to a match after they had left the queue.
  • Addressed some problems that could have potentially caused a match to abruptly end.
  • Addressed an issue that could cause a player to be unable to lock in a god that they had recently purchased.
  • Addressed a performance issue to improve the overall fluidity of gameplay.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » December 9, 2014 5:17pm | Report
Not going on the front page but I honestly hope matches randomly discontinuing will stop after this patch. Also HiRezArchov mentioned something about FPS increase. I also got FPS decrease since the last couple patches, making me adjust my settings, maybe this will help.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » December 9, 2014 9:00pm | Report
I hope they will just fix those frame drops. It is really annoying. Everything goes fine, but then the game just "freezes" for a second

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 10, 2014 3:13pm | Report
I haven't noticed much of a performance drop on my part, but if this can fix the problems others are having, then it's a good patch in my book, even though they haven't done much with these patches in terms of balancing and such in a while...

Archov did say the next full patch is planned to be released next Wednesday, though, so hopefully we'll see something with a bit more substance with that.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » December 10, 2014 5:20pm | Report
*Double post*

So apparently, Nox recently got an update to her tooltip, assuming from this patch, though from what I've heard, the changes are not yet implemented. Hopefully next week.

The changes:

Well, I'm not entirely sure how accurate the current SmiteFire entry for her is in terms of damage/mana cost, etc, because I'm not sure when her entry was last updated but I will list all of the differences for the in-game entry and SmiteFire's entry (won't change any information on her entry on SF right now because it's not yet implemented, and either someone eff'd up by putting it in early, or someone isn't very bright to change her tooltip without actually changing her skills in-game. Will potentially cause plenty of confusion in-game).

Flame of the Night:

According to the in-game tooltip, this now only applies to her using her own abilities. No longer anyone around her. However, for every candle lit, she gains 4% damage mitigation. No longer will she have a free cast when the fourth one is lit.

The tooltip is a bit confusing on it because it doesn't state when, or if, she'll eventually lose the lit candles. It might be that if she uses an ability after all are lit, it'll reset, but that's just my own speculation.

Shadow Barrier:

No changes (hopefully yet). This ability has not received any updates, which is not good because this is her most useless ability, as well as one of the most useless in this game. Hopefully they have something planned with it.

Nightfall Raven:

The damage has been nerfed for this skill. Currently, according to SmiteFire, the damage for this ability is:

70/140/190/240/290 (+70% of magical power)

In-game, it's

70/120/170/220/270 (+70% of magical power)

Siphon Darkness:

The damage has also been nerfed for this skill, quite a bit more than the nerf for Nightfall Raven. Currently, according to SmiteFire, the damage for this ability is:

90/120/150/180/210 (+60% of magical power)

In-game, it's:

90/110/130/150/170 (+60% of magical power)

This also now has a flat cost of 50 mana across all levels.

Night Terror:

This one has a bit of a change.

You can now link her shadow with up to 3 gods/goddesses (not sure how easy that'll be. Assuming it'll be like trying to hit multiples with Chang'e's ult, but with a shorter width) and shrouds them all with darkness, which again, can be combo'd with Siphon Darkness for extra damage. The link still does extra damage and reduces cooldowns for Nox whenever a linked enemy uses an ability, and it still lasts for 5 seconds, but now, if the link is broken, it will stun that enemy for 1s.

All this information is currently in-game, so you can check for yourselves to verify this information.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » December 10, 2014 8:52pm | Report
Hopefully it brings me back to 10fps. I dropped to 5fps after the new Ao patch. :c

They are testing my skills. >.>

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }