Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thanatos 1v1 Tips?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Thanatos 1v1 Tips? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 8, 2014 11:46pm | Report
So I was messing around with a couple Gods, tried Thanatos in practice Joust, but I'm not sure how I should be playing him. I know that he's mainly a jungler in Conquest, so can he be played in Joust in a 1v1?

First line of minions isn't so bad, but the archers against a good enemy will get me killed if I go in. He's super squishy, so I'm just looking for tips, pretty much.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 8, 2014 11:56pm | Report
He can, but there's assassins that do it better. Basically, early game you're SUPER weak. You will lose most trades until you get your skills up there, and your sticking power is weak until your Scent of Death and Soul Reap are leveled up - and yet you sorta have to max Death Scythe to do any damage. Just try to farm safely for a while while poking with the scythe until you get them low. Once you get Sais and Asi, you should be good.

My suggestion, is once you start getting ahead, as you will probably scale better than normal, is remember your ult doesn't HAVE to be used as an execute! If they're particuarly annoying to deal with, ult out of lane, come into lane where they might not see you, and dive on them for the damage burst and stun. That stun can DEFINITELY be enough for a kill.

But for laning, just seriously, make sure you're hitting the scythes. It's a huge burst of damage and most gods don't have a lot of health sustain early game, whereas your passive lets you sustain off last hits on minions. DO NOT go aggressive too early or you WILL lose.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 9, 2014 1:48am | Report
Just played against Ra bot again, went much, much better this time. I was being way too aggressive, just like you mentioned. This time I also rushed the Ra down pretty much every time I saw him; hitting with 1 then 3, then when he runs use 2. Or 1, then 2 for the pen/speed then 3.

Than is fun.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }