Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Stat capping?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Stat capping? 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Florblar » June 19, 2014 1:45am | Report
Hey Folks,

Me again with another nub question. I have been primarily playing support as tank since I started playing Smite and have got to grips with most things but items still cause a bit of uncertainty. I have my go to items now for different situations but have been wondering recently if I could be more efficient with my picks i.e. am I losing out on stats by stacking too much of one? For example I am fairly sure that certain stats like penetration cap but not sure whether things like magical power or health do? Can anyone enlighten me or point me to a guide that lays it out? Thanks in advance guys.

Flor

Florblar

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » June 19, 2014 2:11am | Report
If you look at the leaderboard and mouse over "physical" "magical" or "utility" (Or something along those lines) it'll show you in parentheses what the cap is.

Note that going over the cap is wasted, but if something brings you lower, having over the cap can help. For example, this is wrong numbers, say physical protection cap is 400 and you have 450. 50 is wasted. But if someone has 50 penetratoin, you are STILL at cap, so it's sorta worth it. In general, just pay attention and don't stack too much of one thing and you'll be fine :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » June 19, 2014 3:14am | Report
If you click the link to the Beginner's Guide to Smite in my signature, you can find all sorts of info, including the caps for all stats.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Florblar » June 19, 2014 6:10am | Report
Thanks guys

Florblar

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 19, 2014 6:23am | Report
it's also REALLY hard to cap a stat, unless you're building nothing BUT that. i.e. Phys prot cap is usually reached with 3-4 dedicated physical prot items.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }