Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

please help - new to game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » please help - new to game 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by atlas487 » January 12, 2013 4:16pm | Report
hey guys i'm new to the game and i've played a few practice matches and the tutorial and one pvp match. that being said i need some help. should i take it off auto level and buy? can you give me some general tips?

atlas487

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 12, 2013 4:51pm | Report
Yes, definitely take off auto-buy. It leaves no room for counterplay in the items department. Auto-level is a bit different though. Generally, I have found that the auto-level is pretty similar to your average skilling. When you get advanced, I recommend you turn it off, but at lower levels just leave it on.

TIPS:
1. Jungle is there purely to drop in and out to get jungle buffs. You should never just stick in the jungle and farm.
2. Build to counterplay. When you are running out of ideas on what to buy, press TAB and see who is fed on the other team. Buy armour/magic resistance according to who is fed.
3. Pick to suit your team. A well balanced team of a magical damage, bruiser, ranged physical damage dealer, a melee carry who can pop in and out of the jungle but still sustain in lane and a tank will have a higher chance to win than a team with 4 magical damage dealers and 1 tank.
4. Don't surrender. Period.
5. Stay behind your creeps. Never go full Rambo in lane unless you have an easy kill or if one God went back and the lane is currently 2v1.
6. Never rage. You will end up having most of your team standing there throwing witty comebacks rather than doing something productive and trying to win.

Well, that's all I can think of currently.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }