Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

NoobProof Gods

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » NoobProof Gods 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AdMaiora » November 9, 2013 4:09am | Report
Hi guys, i'm pretty new, i started to play only yesterday, I come from lol so i know the general mechanics of a dotalike game and i really like the third person camera idea. I wanted to ask since i'm close to the 5500 favor mark which god could be NoobProof, i dont mean truly OP, i mean easy for a new player. I like to play tank or adc (yes, sorry lol language, i think they're called guardian and hunter) what god should i buy first? i really like ymir and artemis between these 2 days.. THX ADMAIORA

Edit: in lol i really like to jungle, so maybe a god that could be used to jungle here so i will once i reach a level where jungling will be needed in team omp

AdMaiora

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daheri » November 9, 2013 5:21am | Report
Hullo! Welcome to Smite ^.^ They're actually also called Tank and ADC here too, but Hi-Rez has labeled them by their lore-esque names.

Neith is a very good, low skill-floor high skill-ceiling ADC, although considered somewhat OP for the amount of utility she has. Apollo is another good ADC, but his 4 can be a little hard to hit if you're new. Anhur is another good one, but he has a higher skill-floor than the other two, and you really have to aim to get the most out of his ult. Artemis is a decent ADC; she's not as good as the others because she lacks a real escape, but she's stronger in group fights thanks to the disruptive power of her 4, even if it won't usually kill anybody.

Ymir is a very good tank, and you see him a lot. Athena is great for her 1-3-2 combo that deals a ton of damage, and being able to taunt enemies is just amazing. Her global ult also makes her very versatile, and can easily help a jungler get a successful kill. Sobek is another great tank, with his throwback + knockup, he pairs well with Artemis and Neith, or anyone with a stun/root really. Bacchus is another good tank, with his stun, knockup, and intoxicate, he has a lot of CC.

My personal favorite jungler is Arachne; her abilities are very easy to understand, but her 4 is easily one of the skinniest skill shots in the game and very hard to hit. Her early-game is super strong, and you need to take advantage of it in order not to fall off HARD in the late-game. Fenrir, Ne Zha, Mercury and Thanatos are more junglers that pop into my head, but I don't know them too well.

Daheri

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » November 9, 2013 5:49am | Report
Hi there :D

Actually it was called tank and ADC as well. Anyway, some gods are noob friendly but not that good in competitive (think heimdinger before the buff)

Noob friendly/stomper :
ADC : Neith (which you must already have), xbalanque : high burst damage but not that good CC in teamfight
Tank : not much, really. The only easy one might be Ymir,
Jungler : unlike lol, most tank is not a good Jungler (except Athena). Loki is a good noob stomper, think shaco, he could be invisible. Other fun god might be fenrir and bakasura

Competitive
ADC : Neith, Apollo, anhur
Tank : Athena, Bacchus, sobek, ymir
Jungler : bakasura, ne Zha, Thor, etc

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 9, 2013 9:02am | Report
gods that noobs can play and pwn with are probably

Ao Kaung IF and ONLY if you camp with tornados and don't put your self in dumb situations.
He out pushes everyone in lanes and can camp while doing it. Thats why I say hes good for noobs as long as you camp

Fenrir Jungle is pretty noob proof. All his skills are simple and his brutalize is one of the most simple skills in the game that do a **** load of damage. Also has escapes if you get caught.

Change might be good for noobs since she has a heal and invincibility..... as her skills.
along with low cool down

Ymir

Ra - kind of noob friendly he has a heal that does damage long range ult that TAKES SKILL and a wave clear beam. Has no escapes though

THE MOST NOOB GOD IN THE GAME
Vulcan = he is the most noob god.
Place turrets and thats all you do, they do all the work for you.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zackeryss » November 9, 2013 12:29pm | Report
I would say that Ra or ymir are probably the best people to go with. Ymir is pretty tanky, so you wont die very often, even if you charge the enemy head on(NOT reccomended :P). Ra has some good heals and OK damage, and his ult is nice to spam.

Zackeryss

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by AdMaiora » November 10, 2013 1:22am | Report
thank you guys for all the information, i was tempted by the god pack (it's like buying a game on steam right) so i took it, and i tried like many of them. Athena i think is just great god, and i really like apollo to, i even backdoored a phoenix with all my mates dead and then run away safe with my ulti. I will try a bit more of gods and see which gods i like the most.

AdMaiora

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 10, 2013 8:42am | Report
AdMaiora wrote:

thank you guys for all the information, i was tempted by the god pack (it's like buying a game on steam right) so i took it, and i tried like many of them. Athena i think is just great god, and i really like apollo to, i even backdoored a phoenix with all my mates dead and then run away safe with my ulti. I will try a bit more of gods and see which gods i like the most.
God pack is worth it, you will thank yourself later when you see how long it takes just to get the golden skins

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }