Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New player seeking help on basic gameplay

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New player seeking help on basic gameplay 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SlyasLoki » August 14, 2013 6:38pm | Report
I just downloaded the game last night and I've been watching tutorials, practicing solo, and reading the forums, though I still have a few questions. I want to play as Loki, obviously, so I've read into the character. I know what items I have to get at the beginning of each match. However, once I buy them, how do I use them? Are they simply working and I don't have to activate them in anyway? Items such as Warrior Tabi and Deathbringer?

Also, before I jump into casual games, I would like to know if my team is at the starting level as myself? Will I be playing along with other new players or will I be joined with a lot of expert players and be unable to keep up with them? I really don't plan to make a fool out of myself, haha.

Last question, for my first few tries, should I keep auto everything on or should I practice at trying to level up on my own?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

SlyasLoki

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SlyasLoki » August 14, 2013 6:39pm | Report
Fyi, I did buy the god pack, so I do have Loki.

SlyasLoki

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 14, 2013 7:31pm | Report
Firts of all, don't auto buy or auto skill. Do it like the guide says. (auto buy are bad and hirez should feel bad). About the new level, yes, it should be around that but with many smurf account around, there will be fake account much. No, items doesn't need to be activated except active items that could be activated using (omg, i forgot the key, you could see them below) and consumables with using c and z.

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SlyasLoki » August 14, 2013 7:37pm | Report
Thank you for the help.

SlyasLoki

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 19, 2013 1:12am | Report
Tips : Put a pillow on your butt and play smite alot.

My prediction.. wait I mean facts :
- You will get owned hard for a while
- you will die by minions
- you will be too aggressive
- you will get pissed off
- You will have no idea what you are doing or have questions on items
- you will have no idea what some gods do or what they are suppose to do

Future prediction wait facts :
- You will eventually learn all the moves that the gods you face do
- you will eventually remember what the items you bought and the other team bought do
- you will eventually get somewhat better
- you will not do what you do when you first started playing smite

Why did I say future predictions :

Because you have to keep playing smite to understand it.

Its not like call of duty where you just jump in the game and have an equal chance of owning people or you just start killing people left and right.

Smite you can only understand in time.

You should start to understand half of the game by time you are level 20.
You should be alot better and know probably what all the gods do and most the items do by level 30.

After level 30 you will just understand more about the game that you never thought of and come up with some weird ideas and become much better.

Level 30 is pretty fast to get too, I been level 30 for a damn long time.... its quite sad that you stop at level 30.

Everyone is a nub when you first play smite.

The sad thing is your stats will be nubby as hell on your main account because you will die alot and your account stats will be saved lol.

I guess thats why some people make new accounts so they renew their stats since they are now better at the game.

So don't be surprised if you get into a game where people play as if they are pro because some people make new accounts.

Go on youtube and look up drybear watch his commentaries it should help

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }