Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mid lvl problems.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Mid lvl problems. 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fearoshima » July 9, 2013 12:55pm | Report
Hello everyone.

Im a "new" player. Ive got the basic knowledge of the game after a loong time studying. im new to the entire game format. never played dota, lol, so the concept is all new for me.

Im lvl 21 and got the basic knowledge as said earlyer and trying to implement shortcuts, SS, and these things and working out great for me I think.

But currently my problem is that Ive kinda hit a hill in the game. from one game to the next it "changed" - Everyone became extremely good compared to me. My playstyle no longer fits. all my "good" gods that IVe been training with is being pushed out. cant mentain my lane no more, cant push the lane because I die.
People are beginning to no longer understand the concept of a new person. and they are screaming and flaming me of the game atm.

I like the game, but no longer wish to play matches online because I know I get to be disapointed due to Im no near good enough no more, and whenever I say I need help or I say that this god i pushing me out. people tend to call me noob rather than helping.

Anyone got any advice for me before I scrap this game :( because atm. I dont find the community ingame to be very friendly :(

BTW - im lvl 21 currently. My usual gods is

Thor - side laning
Ra - Normally tossed to mid.

Thanks alot by a concerned young smiter :)
Fearoshima

Fearoshima

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 9, 2013 2:33pm | Report
You seem to be overthinking the whole thing man, don't let them bring you down. Just because you're still learning the game doesn't mean that you're useless and should never play with real people. However, being a new player has never been looked upon as a good thing, not in any game and not anytime either. New players are mostly hated because of the lack of knowledge, and the people who are hating on the new players are the one who only wish to win to claim their glory, or perhaps their WOTD (Win Of The Day). Just keep going and you'll soon end up with one or more players who are willing to learn you more about the game and probably becoming your in game friends. We've all been where you've been, not all of us were probably bad at Smite, but that's just because we've been bad at another MOBA game before this, and we know how the games work. Just don't be so hard on yourself. I myself were terrible at Heroes of Newerth for a few months and also at League of Legends for a few months as well before I figured out how MOBA games work.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fearoshima » July 9, 2013 2:49pm | Report
Piederman wrote:

You seem to be overthinking the whole thing man, don't let them bring you down. Just because you're still learning the game doesn't mean that you're useless and should never play with real people. However, being a new player has never been looked upon as a good thing, not in any game and not anytime either. New players are mostly hated because of the lack of knowledge, and the people who are hating on the new players are the one who only wish to win to claim their glory, or perhaps their WOTD (Win Of The Day). Just keep going and you'll soon end up with one or more players who are willing to learn you more about the game and probably becoming your in game friends. We've all been where you've been, not all of us were probably bad at Smite, but that's just because we've been bad at another MOBA game before this, and we know how the games work. Just don't be so hard on yourself. I myself were terrible at Heroes of Newerth for a few months and also at League of Legends for a few months as well before I figured out how MOBA games work.

Well you might be right about me taking it to hard on myself. Im just sad to see that I look at the chat and see several pegi 21 language use against me whenver I try things out :)

And by my current experience, just keep playing is giving me a higher rank, and I might end up with even more loudly players or better people which I will and still not being ready for them. I know that I learn from playing against better players. But atm, they are shutting me completly down. So far Ive found out 60 ways not to cope with these a whole lot better players. Never figured out the one way to do so.

It works for a time playing passive, standing my tower. and letting that helping me out when I get to it. But I get pushed out in the effort not to die.

My aggresive try's haven't been working out. finding myself going out of mana, not able to stay in my lane and getting seroiusly underfarmed. and with the same end result :( I lose my lane.

Fearoshima

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 9, 2013 6:46pm | Report
If you try playing with a friend, you can fight the people who are mean to you. Also, try out different gods, they each have their own strengths and weaknesses, take Odin for example, he has high HP5 and really can't be ganked. So go to the practice joust and try out new gods, see what your good with.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 9, 2013 8:12pm | Report
Fearoshima wrote:

Well you might be right about me taking it to hard on myself. Im just sad to see that I look at the chat and see several pegi 21 language use against me whenver I try things out :)

And by my current experience, just keep playing is giving me a higher rank, and I might end up with even more loudly players or better people which I will and still not being ready for them. I know that I learn from playing against better players. But atm, they are shutting me completly down. So far Ive found out 60 ways not to cope with these a whole lot better players. Never figured out the one way to do so.

It works for a time playing passive, standing my tower. and letting that helping me out when I get to it. But I get pushed out in the effort not to die.

My aggresive try's haven't been working out. finding myself going out of mana, not able to stay in my lane and getting seroiusly underfarmed. and with the same end result :( I lose my lane.

Well, Smite went through a lot of changes the last patch, and I've heard it'll be some more changes coming this wednesday as well. For example, jungle has been a lot more viable now, and FOW (Fog of War) was added to the game too, making it hard for people to escape ganks. This is however lightened up a little bit, since the length of the lanes were shortened in the process, so you don't have to run as far away from the center of a lane to reach your tower. I recommend either reading one of the top guides here on smitefire about how to play Ra or Thor so that you can get better at it, why wouldn't you want to improve? It's part of human nature. I'll give you some links below.

Ra Tank Build here.
Ra Glass Cannon Build here.
Thor Mid/Duo Build here.

Piederman

Prominent (39)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }