Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mercury 11.000 Favor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Mercury 11.000 Favor 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NapTooN » October 16, 2013 1:49am | Report
Hello everyone,

i started playing SMITE last Saturday but are not new to MOBAs. I tested a few gods in some game modes and had lots of fun with Mercury in Grand Melee. Beforehand i saw that the general Price for Gods is 5500 favor so i was pretty happy i reached 5500 yesterday to finally unlock him.

Then i saw that he costs 11.000 Favor so i used my 5.500 on Arachne instead.

I come from LoL and there on release week, every new Champion costs 7800 IP (Favor in SMITE) and after this 1 week they drop down to the regluar 6300 IP.

So i guess its the same with Mercury here, right? 11.000 Favor because he is the newest God and will drop down to the regluar 5500 when.... Well thats the question here. When does it actually happen? When the next new God comes out? After X Weeks of costing 11.000 Favor? And what is the deal with Ao Kuang and his 2.500 Favor. Why was he dropped to 2.500 Favor? Will other Gods drop to 2.500 aswell?

I know i pretty much answered myself here, but an answer would be nice anyway, especially about the normal timeframe how long a God costs 11.000 Favor so i can plan ahead in the future with my Favor and new Gods.

NapTooN

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » October 16, 2013 8:11am | Report
Hello on you too! When a new god is released they cost 11,000 favor for the first approximately 2 weeks after release and then gets dropped down to 5,500 favor.

About Ao Kuang, he's not the only one who have a low price. Cupid goes for 1,500 favor and Hades for 3,500 favor; my guess is that they reduced their cost to give new players a bigger god pool early on.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NapTooN » October 16, 2013 9:02am | Report
Thank you very much for your answer. So they are like the "Newbie" Champions in LoL for 450 - 1350 IP, i see.

NapTooN

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » October 16, 2013 4:28pm | Report
If you really want to play mercury; just buy the ultimate god pack. Then you will get all the new gods immediately when they come out. Also, I wouldn't call them newbie gods; they can be quite lethal in the right hands.

Ao Kuang can clean lanes faster than anyone.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NapTooN » October 16, 2013 10:35pm | Report
Yes, i rocked on my rental game with Ao Kuang aswell, another nice feature i like about SMITE. You dont have to wait for the free week to test a God, just throw out 150 Favor and see if you like it or not.

About the UGP. I know it exists, but im new to SMITE, granted i like it alot right now but it could be because its new and shiney to me atm. I give it a few weeks before i decide to use 25 Bucks to get all Gods.

If by then the UGP is no longer in the Shop, well bad luck, but then i have something to play for and achieve instead of just hoarding Favor for Skins ;-)

NapTooN

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » October 17, 2013 4:46am | Report
NapTooN wrote:

Thank you very much for your answer. So they are like the "Newbie" Champions in LoL for 450 - 1350 IP, i see.

yeah im pretty sure there are but they will cost 1,100 and im not sure which gods they are. just go look through all of the gods.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NapTooN » October 17, 2013 7:29am | Report
That's one point i dont like. You have to click on every God to check how much they cost. It would have been nice if there was a more obvious and fast ingame way to check the prices, like an overview, but i can live with how it is atm.

NapTooN

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 18, 2013 2:55am | Report
You could also test ANY gods in practice , see how good or bad they are and if you like them before buying them .That might save up some of your favour since t's free of cost .

Romanians

Established (17)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by NapTooN » October 18, 2013 3:39am | Report
Yes i know, thank you. The overall flavor i can test there, that is right, but not against real players or in an Arena/Conquest 5v5 environment. But the free practice is surely a great first impression on the Gods that i miss in LoL for example. I have to buy the Champion for thousands of points or i have to wait for the mercy of him showing up some day into the free week rotation. Worst case: Never on free week or wasted Points.

NapTooN

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 18, 2013 3:55am | Report
Buy god packs, worth it

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }