Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

matchmaking

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » matchmaking 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by karnaged » October 23, 2013 12:07am | Report
Hey guys!

Ever since I got to lvl 20 ive been struggling. I play vs enemies that are way better and I play with friendlies that expect more from me. I feel thatI simply didnt learn enough on my way to lvl 20. And if I ask questions in games now people get furious and well basicly they start telling me how bad I am instead of answering the question.

So I ask the community is there a plan of a matchmaking system in smite? Or does that come later on at lvl 30 ranked mode?

I love the game but i feel this is needed as moba in-game chat rarely consists of anything other then insults so theres little room for questions and tips.

karnaged

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HerdOfTurtles » October 23, 2013 8:12am | Report
I thoght that once you reached level 6 you started getting matched with all sort of players, not just new players like from levels 1-5.

HerdOfTurtles

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » October 28, 2013 7:59am | Report
If I'm not mistsaken the level groups are 7-19 and 20-30. Meaning that you just joined a higher skilled pool. In this pool the matchmaking is probably decided on goodwill and casual ELO, which might or might not affect each other directly.

Meaning if you did particularly well in the 7-19 pool you will be higher ELO in the 20-30 pool, matching you with, and against, better (usually less forgiving) players. Your ELO will gradually drop if you keep losing, matching you with worse opponents and teammates.

IMHO if you struggle learning just analyze your gameplay and the opponents respectively to improve, realisation and self criticism is the way to go.
Most people will always be ****s to those that play worse and suck-ups to those that play better. Just keep playing what you want and learn trough the ye ol' trial and error method and ignore people's ****ery. If you really can't improve any more I'm sure people on this forum are willing to aid. ;-)
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » October 28, 2013 12:08pm | Report
Don't worry , as in every online game there are kiddies too who think they are they know everything and everyone less skilled or with less knowledge on that something must be bashed/insulted .You will find decent players too .

You will learn in time how to be better at certain gods or in certain game modes , meanwhile try to have fun and find a god that really fits your playing style , the role you like or fit in the most and see what you are better at , melee or ranged .By level 25 or so I realized that I CAN'T play a melee god properly , I can't tank and that I absolutely hate conquest .

As for your main question , I has been answered already . I remember even a bit after reaching level 30 the matchmaking made me rage quite a bit , but it's all ok now , I constantly get decent to good teams .

Romanians

Established (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }