Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for help on which gods go to which lanes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Looking for help on which gods go to which lanes 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Holyrapid » October 6, 2013 2:41am | Report
So, i just recently purchased the UGP and now that i have access to all gods, i want to know what lanes i should really play with them? Or does it matter that much, and i can just go anywhere i want, with in reason? (I know no to go and make a three man lane from example, and not to go jungling if my god isn't intended for that role, especially if we have a proper jungler?)

I see that in some MOBA games the champion picking order seems to dictate the roles. Like first one usually goes top second is either also top, jungle or mid and third is the opposite if mid or jungle were taken by the second guy. Fourth then goes either bot or mid if third took jungle, and if it's two top the last is usually solo bot, if i've interpreted things right.

Does this hold true for Smite at all, or is it different (i know, Smite doesn't have top-mid-bot, but rotate the usual MOBA map 45 degrees and you have Smite's map...)
~~And thus i take my leave~~

Holyrapid

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sasquatch180 » October 7, 2013 1:21am | Report
For the most part you can go anywhere so long as the god you picked can handle the role decently. However some of the lanes basically require certain things.

For example: Mid lane pretty much requires a good solo pusher. Good pushers are the gods who can clear waves with ease and quickly push into enemy towers/away from their tower. So for the most part you'll see characters with AoEs, or just attacks that can hit most if not all the minion wave (Abilities like Agni's Flame Wave or Poseidon's Tidal Wave.)

Now for the next part we're gonna assume there is a jungler.

In the short lane you typically want a bruiser (or tank if no one chose a bruiser). Since bruisers and tanks are designed to be living walls they'll typically be able to hold their own and halt the enemies progress towards their tower, even if they aren't progressing too much either. Another choice is someone who can do the mid's job slightly worse.

In the long lane you typically want the tank (or whatever other type someone chose that isn't tank, sad but it happens) and your carry. The carry is there to push the lane and hopefully get kills while the tank (or whatever your teammate chose) supports them (unless they too are a carry, at which point they just play off each other.)

Terminology (in case you didn't know)
Guardian=Tank
Assassin=(typically jungler, though some of them can lane fairly well (Loki, Fenrir, Thor, Mercury, Bakasura to a certain extent.)
Warrior=Bruiser
Mage/Hunter=Carry (I think anyway, not too sure on that, but if nothing else its fairly close.)

Sasquatch180

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheOverLord200 » December 25, 2014 1:33am | Report
Can Hel go Support? Or does it have to be guardian?
You're just a star, among billions. -Stargazer Anubis

TheOverLord200

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 25, 2014 7:01am | Report
As in any MOBA, the "type" of god here does not necessarily dictate their role. You just have to know which gods are able to play what roles. Look it up on the wiki or learn from experience.

Some basic guidelines to follow:

Solo lane is played most commonly by warriors and mages, and rarely by assassins.

Mid lane is played almost exclusively by mages, but can some hunters and assassins can manage it.

Duo lane always has a hard support and a carry.

Jungle is played typically by assassins, but warriors are quite popular in this position as well.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }