Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Laning - Mainly for new members.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Laning - Mainly for new members. 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by blossomswilt » August 16, 2013 11:39pm | Report
Hey guys, I always have an issue where people never call lanes and/or chose any god they want for certain lanes. This can make the game that much more difficult in my opinion.
So, I have thought out to put a laning section as to where people can know which lane to go in, or to call.
The 4 lanes that are available are;
Left/Top
Mid/Mid
Right/Bot
Jungle/Jungle
The 5 positions that are available are;
PD Tank/Left
MD Mage/Mid
PD Carry/Right
Support/Right
Jungler/Jungle
(PD = Physical Damage: MD - Magical Damage)

Left -
Now, many people just use whoever in this lane, but the PD Tank is supposed to solo in this lane. They accumulate minions kills, and player kills to receive gold to build Tanky items Ie; health.
Gods that can be played here;
Ares
Athena
Bacchus
Guan Yu
Hades
Odin
Sobek
Vamana
Volcun
Ymir

Note that certain tanky gods use magical damage.

Mid - Most people Play this lane pretty right, though just to clear it up for those who don't know, gods that can be played her are usually MD range.
Gods that can be played here;
Agni
Anubis
Au Kuang
Aphrodite
Chang'e
Chronos
Freya
He Bo
Hel
Isis
Poseidan
Ra
Zeus

Note that characters played in this lane are usually squishy (Squishy meaning low health), but do a lot of magical damage.

Right - There are two position played in this lane, first being the PD Carry. The PD Carry is also Squishy, though does a massive amount of PD Damage, and tries to accumulate the most ammount of kills throughout the team.
Gods that can be played;
Anhur
Appollo
Artemis
Cupid
Neith
Xblanque

The second position played in the right lane is the support. The support "supports" the PD Carry into either gaining PD buffs, health and or speed, and more. The support SHOULD NOT try to "Last hit" the minions, and or try to get kills, unless necessary, and leave them for the PD Carry. The support has a harder time accumulating money to buy items, but through many assists, can still accomplish it. The Support should also stay behind the PD Carry so not to block the path of the PD carry, unless necessary.
The Support like mid and left should always buy wards to care of the jungler and or lane ganks from other lanes.
Gods that Can play this position;
Aphrodite
Change
Cupid
Hel
Isis
Ra

Take note that characters with slows and debuffs can also be played as support. Im just noting the primary ones.

The final positiong, and also one of the most important, the jungler.
The jungler is usually an assassin, PD/MD, who has slows, and or good chase. The jungler takes the buffs in the jungle to level up, and gets assists to help level up as well, Please note that when ganking, the point is not to get the kill, but to assist in getting the kill for that lane. Many people who jungle come to lane and steal kills, though sometimes necessary, people should watch out about it. :P
Gods that can be played in this lane;
Arachne
Bakasura
Bastet
Fenrir
Loki
Ne Zha

Please note that in the god selection I have put for each lane, they are not the only gods you can play in that lane, and sometimes you can switch it up depending on how you build, and/or play.

Another note I would like to make is the lack of MIA" people don't use. (Mia=Missing in Action)
People don't stratch how important calling mia is, a MIA could save a lane from dying, and or help chase. A lot of the people should learn when to call mia, and if miss called called re, to help with team communication.
This is also why wards are important, though when using wards you must use map awareness. By having good map awareness you will know if a lane needs help, and if a enemy is missing to be more cautious.

So I hope this helped for people who don't know why certain lanes are there, and just make sure that you have good map awareness, lane calling, and Team communication, Enjoy the Game Smite, and hope you guys have an awesome, and better experience playing now.
Thanks.
Blossomswilt :)

blossomswilt

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 17, 2013 1:03am | Report
the probleme you have now is that there isn't a "these gods go right" or "these gods go left".

in smite there is a long side lane and a short side lane. this can be either right of left.

if you have a jungler then the gods who can solo goes in the short lane and the 2 side laners go in the long lane.

and the god who can mid goes mid.

the mia thing well.

1 since the jungling started there is always 1 missing enemy so that makes it very hacktic already but the higher level you get the more people will start calling mia.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 17, 2013 1:19am | Report
Note that depending on what side you are on, as All4 is saying (the ruined side or the olympus side), the right/side changes. In general, the Gold Fury side (long lane side) is where the Carry and Support go, whereas the Fire Giant side (short lane side) is where the solo laner goes. Otherwise, you've got it pretty nailed.

Note that Neith and Xbal are very competent anti-mids, as is Loki if done right.

Ymir, Athena, and Sobek are definitely very competent supports as well (as support-tank)

Note that Junglers include any bruiser - jungler can be played by either assassin or bruiser. This means Thor, Hercules, Tyr, etc are all junglers.

(I know you said not everything is explained, but just trying to elaborate for, as you said, new members.)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by blossomswilt » August 19, 2013 10:03am | Report
Well yeah of course, but the generalization of the 5 main sections still need to be displayed, like high MD user, and I PD carry, with a tank, support and someone to jungle for weak lanes is still there. :P

blossomswilt

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 27, 2013 2:27pm | Report
Where can I use Kali...practice mode?

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 27, 2013 3:05pm | Report
You're obviously from League. I am never a fan of someone who imposes LoL meta on another game.

As All4Games was getting at, in Smite team comp. tends to be different. Here we have:

Short lane: Usually the God that solos, and solo gods vary.
Mid lane: Whoever the hell wants to mid and can do it well.
Long lane: A duo who can work well. An example of this is Guan/Athena.
Jungle: Mostly bruisers jungle, to be honest, but some assassins and fewer mages.

This is subject to change depending on the players and how stubborn/*****y they are.

In League, team comp. is a HUGE part of the game's outcome. While that is still very much true here, player skill is much more important since everything is a skill shot. You're not relying on locked skills and slower gameplay, you are relying on the abilities of a God and your ability to hit someone/thing else with them.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 28, 2013 1:32pm | Report
Would rather have a Carry on short lane. That is more personal preference over standard meta.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Erikbir » April 26, 2015 9:51am | Report

Where can I use Kali...practice mode?

kali is an assassin, as far as i know. all that lifesteal should be godly for jungle. pun not intended

Erikbir

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeekyFatKidd » April 26, 2015 2:44pm | Report
your support list doesnt have any guardians these are the primary support gods in the game the list you have can support but are niche picks at best. almost always better to have a tank type god in support then a mage with heals

GeekyFatKidd

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }