Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is this game suited for a casual/random gamer?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Is this game suited for a casual/random gamer? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Schaine » September 12, 2013 12:01pm | Report
Hello,
i stayed away from Lol and the other mobas so far because i was told that you need to handle them like sports or an instrument, you either practice constantly, with focus, or you dont even have to start.

But smite caught my attention with its gods, the 3D-Camera and the nice graphics+ the MOBA game style.

Im really looking for a game that allows me to have a blast in 20-40 minutes when i dont have anything to do. I really enjoy sports games because of that. I hope you get the point.

I played it now for maybe 2 Hours, and it seems to be VERY complex, very difficult, and very overwhelming. I wasnt able to do a lot, even though i watched/read multiple guides on the internet beforehand. I heard that smite is geared more towards the casual gamer, but it doesnt appear that way so far. It seems to be pretty time-consuming.

What do you think? Is it worth putting time in this game, if its maybe 2 hours a week, maybe a little more? Do you have game recommendations if not? Im looking for a team fortress 2 type game with fantasy/melee combat, in the end.

Thank you!

P.S. because I dont want to start a new topic. I played with Ra, and went right lane. There was this wolf-god, i think his name is Fanrir, or so. However, he is so fast, and kills me within seconds. Even though i stayed passiv,e and kept my distance, and tried to stun him, he always got me and killed me at least 10 times. What do you do in situation like this? I read online that Ra has basically no chance against Fanrir, because he can get close quickly. I felt powerless, i couldnt do anything, as far as i could see.

Schaine

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 12, 2013 12:08pm | Report
While I think you misinterpreted LoL (Playing Bot matches is so much fun if you have downtime!), yes, this game is definitely suited to casual players. It's a lot about skill, however, as EVERYTHING is a skillshot. And Ra is countered by Fenrir with how much damage he does and Ra not having escapes. It's rough - just build magic power and physical defense to heal yourself while he does no damage.

Anyway, just put some time in this game to learn minitactics. It's not really hard to jump into - I played a normal as soon as I started, and took off auto-purchase after my 3rd game. It's pretty easy to pick up, just learn the gods. I suggest Arena and Assault, too, as they're more suited to casual play than Conquest.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lemaru » September 12, 2013 2:11pm | Report
I agree. Smite is more geared toward casual gamers thanks to the abundance of different game modes that they offer. As a former LoL player myself, I wanted a change from the standard 5v5 3 lane MOBA which is why I really enjoy the Joust game mode. For a beginner such as yourself, I would recommend starting in playing Arena games and then moving from there to Joust when you are more comfortable and eventually to Conquest. In the end it is up to you and what your personal preference is as long as you have fun. I'm sure that with the variety Smite offers, you will find your niche.

Lemaru

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by yra111 » September 12, 2013 7:16pm | Report
yes , smite is awesome.

yra111

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 29, 2013 12:54pm | Report
It is a good question, and I would answer not as much as it should be. A multiple tier queue would help make it more so.

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ShinjiEvangelio » September 29, 2013 4:42pm | Report
Casual mode is for casual players but many people don't understand it and expect You to play like a pro ;).

ShinjiEvangelio

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Romanians » September 30, 2013 7:10am | Report
Of course it's worth it , this game is so awesome I don't recall quitting smite out of boredom .

The week I joined Smite Fenrir was on the free rotation , everybody was getting him and I got killed so much by Fenrirs I ended up hating him .

Romanians

Established (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }