Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How Does One Mercury?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How Does One Mercury? 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dreampuke » August 20, 2014 3:11pm | Report
It's not uncommon for me to get good with a specific god simply for the skin (AMC Geb etc.), but I'm having a little trouble with Mercury. I've never really been good with assassins in general, except for Thanatos and Thor. I've been told you're supposed to wait for the squishy enemies to get separated from the group and be hyper aggressive towards them, but every time I've tried that my Mercury gets spanked so bad you can see the red cheeks through his clothes. Keep in mind I mostly play arena and assault. Any advice?

Side note: Builds are not my main concern just play style.

Dreampuke

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 20, 2014 7:09pm | Report
Dreampuke wrote:

It's not uncommon for me to get good with a specific god simply for the skin (AMC Geb etc.), but I'm having a little trouble with Mercury. I've never really been good with assassins in general, except for Thanatos and Thor. I've been told you're supposed to wait for the squishy enemies to get separated from the group and be hyper aggressive towards them, but every time I've tried that my Mercury gets spanked so bad you can see the red cheeks through his clothes. Keep in mind I mostly play arena and assault. Any advice?

Side note: Builds are not my main concern just play style.

I'm having trouble with Mercury as well. I'm pretty good with all assassins but him. I sucked with Thor earlier today but another match and I went 7-1 for a complete turn around.

However no matter how many times I use Mercury, I have a feeling I'm just not playing him right. I always go negative.

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lawful Good » August 22, 2014 9:22pm | Report
I only have Mercury to mastery level 2, but he has quickly become my favorite assassin in the game. His kit, voice, and overall energetic feel just makes him fun to play.

Mercury is definitely a hyper carry, and wrecks late game. Getting there is the hard part. One thing I have been learning is when to use his special delivery and his Sonic Boom. As tempting as it is to dash in with your 3 to throw that Mage back or ult to catch a low health enemy, going for that kill when they are next to there team can mean no kill for you, and free farm for them.

Mercury is squishy. Mix that with an ult behind enemy lines in arena or assault, and you may smack into that tower or be quickly greeted with cc to oblivion. Assassins hit by cc usually means a swift and infuriating death for them. Merc is no exception. Whenever you 3, you make both you and your targets stationary. If any hunters, mages, or guardians are nearby, you have become an easy target for them. Ideally, you are wanting to use it to initiate and set you and your team up for an easy kill. Like when that Mage chases your low health teammate a little too far.

Sonic boom has that same idea, "know where the enemy is and make sure to have an escape. Too often, I see a fleeing Ao and ult to him, to them be cc'd by that Athena I wasn't looking at. Add tornadoes, and you have a very embarrassed and dead Mercury.

Another point to be made is that he is an AA god, and needs crit and attack speed to smash down opponents.

These are just some things I have found when playing Mercury, but just knowing when to or not to use your 3 and ult will improve your games considerably.

Lawful Good

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dreampuke » August 24, 2014 11:38am | Report
Lawful Good wrote:

I only have Mercury to mastery level 2, but he has quickly become my favorite assassin in the game. His kit, voice, and overall energetic feel just makes him fun to play.

Mercury is definitely a hyper carry, and wrecks late game. Getting there is the hard part. One thing I have been learning is when to use his special delivery and his Sonic Boom. As tempting as it is to dash in with your 3 to throw that Mage back or ult to catch a low health enemy, going for that kill when they are next to there team can mean no kill for you, and free farm for them.

Mercury is squishy. Mix that with an ult behind enemy lines in arena or assault, and you may smack into that tower or be quickly greeted with cc to oblivion. Assassins hit by cc usually means a swift and infuriating death for them. Merc is no exception. Whenever you 3, you make both you and your targets stationary. If any hunters, mages, or guardians are nearby, you have become an easy target for them. Ideally, you are wanting to use it to initiate and set you and your team up for an easy kill. Like when that Mage chases your low health teammate a little too far.

Sonic boom has that same idea, "know where the enemy is and make sure to have an escape. Too often, I see a fleeing Ao and ult to him, to them be cc'd by that Athena I wasn't looking at. Add tornadoes, and you have a very embarrassed and dead Mercury.

Another point to be made is that he is an AA god, and needs crit and attack speed to smash down opponents.

These are just some things I have found when playing Mercury, but just knowing when to or not to use your 3 and ult will improve your games considerably.

Going to do some practice with this method. Hopefully I won't get any hate mail next time I play Merc.

Dreampuke

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }