Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help Countering Sun Wukong

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Help Countering Sun Wukong 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 5, 2014 11:31am | Report
I can counter most gods pretty easily but I just don't know how to counter Sun Wukong. He is freaking op and that ult is annoying.
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 5, 2014 11:44am | Report
very simple. treat him like an adc early. he will try to poke you but also needs to clear the wave. make sure he is not able to hit you and the wave while clearing the wave your self.

when fighting him adress him properly or you fail. you do not trade hits for long unless you have the same or better substain like him. BURST HIM. his ult takes long to go off.

for his cat... very easy to juke. you get a total of 15 seconds to kill him before his bird comes but this only works if you forced his ult out already.

poke him to force his ult for substain.
this should help you.

buuuuuut one more thing.

IF YOU CALL A GOD OP WITHOUT KNOWING HOW TO COUNTER SET GOD EVER AGAIN I WILL HANG YOUR WITH YOUR OWN INTESTENCE D<

(thats partially a joke but seriously don't go calling gods op if you don't know how to counter them.)
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MaysJedi » March 5, 2014 12:20pm | Report
Scawey D:

Thx, its just that ult of his kinda cheap to me but I think that is very good tip and that tiger pisses me off XD.
"MaysJedi is the best jedi in Smite, don't deny it."[color=#ff0000][/color]

MaysJedi

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 5, 2014 3:10pm | Report
You are welcome.

These ways ofcourse are only few and can be counterd by a wukong who knows them.

Thats the great thing about him, he relies entirely (mostly. No god relies on something entirely) on out play, constantly out witting your apponent.
Unfortunately it is rare to get fight's like that where you have to rely on it seeing as beating the other player usually doesn't take much brain input since they don't think either. BUT WHEN YOU DO GET THAT CHANCE! It is the best feeling smite can possibly give you since for once you get a fight that actually takes effort, 100% skill based and focused on beeing steps ahead of the enemy.

And when you win? Well then enjoy it.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 24, 2014 9:06am | Report
@All4Games - Come on, 'out-witting your opponent', really? He has so many tools, you can out-play him and still lose because of his kit.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 24, 2014 9:37am | Report
the more tools of trickery you have the more you out wit them with it.

you have gods then go "press 3" or "hold down the left mouse button" but sun wukong is not one of them.

if you out play some one you have won because that is litterly the defenition of out playing.

example if you trade with him and you have worse substain you he tricked you thus out playing you and he gets to laugh on his cloud. that is what his kit is balenced around in my opinion.

if you got tricked by decoy and you dropped an ult on it then he out witted you and gets to laugh on his cloud. if you run from him with your back to him when his 3 is off cooldown he gets an easy stun and nuke on you from his tiger. if you attack him when you knew he had his 3 and tried to burst him he gets to fly away.

if you are smarter then the monkey you win, and if he is smarter then well. you got beaten by a monkey hahahahaha XD

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 24, 2014 10:38am | Report
All4Games wrote:
if you out play some one you have won because that is litterly the defenition of out playing.

Not really. Out-playing is making better reads and playing smarter than the other person. You can make the best reads against Wukong and get him to low health, then he can just fly away or Ult out and heal. Wukong isn't out-playing anyone by doing that.

All4Games wrote:
example if you trade with him and you have worse substain you he tricked you thus out playing you and he gets to laugh on his cloud. that is what his kit is balenced around in my opinion.

This isn't 'trickery', you should know before even going into the match if your character has better sustain (unless you're new to that God).

All4Games wrote:
if you got tricked by decoy and you dropped an ult on it then he out witted you and gets to laugh on his cloud. if you run from him with your back to him when his 3 is off cooldown he gets an easy stun and nuke on you from his tiger. if you attack him when you knew he had his 3 and tried to burst him he gets to fly away.

Pretty much just helped my point, look at the amount of escapes he has. Plus, nobody is going to Ult the decoy. (:

All4Games wrote:
if you are smarter then the monkey you win, and if he is smarter then well. you got beaten by a monkey hahahahaha XD

Refer to my first point. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » March 24, 2014 11:53am | Report
Like you said. Out playing is making better reads and playing smarter. Well that is what you should do for every god to counter them. You KNOW wukong's kit and you KNOW when he can do what. If you like you said made the best reads yet he still survived then you are lying to your self because you did not take his ult into acount when fighting him, thus you did not make the best read possible ( but look on the bright side, now his ult is down and maybe now you can get him)

You KNOW wukong has 2 very good escapes and you KNOW those both have long cooldown, his main initiation,cc and burst is his tiger which is also his best escape. He pounced on you after the earlier ingagement? So his ult and 3 is down? So he can't do much for 15 or so seconds to escape? CHARGE!

On a side note. I seriously find it freaking adorable when people say "you proved my point" they see themselves as such smart people when they say that and i think it's to cute for words.
(I wasn't gonna try to argue facts, that would be stupid. Sun wukong has one of the better escapes in this game and if anyone denies that they are morons)

Also i have seen more then enough people ult a decoy and it make's me smile every time XD

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 24, 2014 12:10pm | Report
@All4Games - Well I didn't say that you proved my point, I said you helped it. This is just a discussion, nothing serious. (:

When he uses his Ult, he has the option to jump from his cloud to a safe position AFTER regaining health, so you can't always get him like you said. Smart Wukong players won't just drain all their abilities for no reason, like you're making out. They'll use Tiger if a teammate is coming to gank, stunning the opponent long enough to secure the kill. They'll use their Ult mainly as an escape, so once you get his health down low.

You mentioned not making the best reads because you didn't take his Ult into account, but there's only so much you can do. Unless you have a teammate to stun him when low health so that he can't Ult, then just go HAM.

Haha, they must feel so dumb once they do that. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }