Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Give me a quick lesson in Chronos.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Give me a quick lesson in Chronos. 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » April 4, 2014 2:49pm | Report
So I've been wanting to learn him for quite a while, but kept putting it off. Now is the time.

I've read a couple of the guides on here, but not sure how up to date they are, especially with the store update etc. So getting your guys' advice would benefit me more.

So building him is pretty basic magic, right? Poly, Rod, CDR Boots, Demonic Grip. Then stuff like Obsid Shard depending on opponent's builds?

For abilities, I should max 1 and 4 first? Then focus on 2 and then 3?

For his passive, I should be using Section 1 (heal) between waves if I have spare mana and fairly low health? Section 2 (mana refund on abilities) before waves if I don't need to heal, to increase his waveclear. Section 3 (+20% Mag power) doesn't seem incredibly useful. Section 4 (+35% Mag power contributes to basic attacks) for late-game?

Use his 1 for the front minions then clear the archers with AA's?

EDIT: Also, how does everyone else learn a new God? Especially Gods that aren't played much by streamers, so you don't get to see a good example.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » April 4, 2014 4:39pm | Report
Well before my PC took a dump on me, I was enjoying Chronos a lot and was my most recent god mastered I think.

Anyone could correct me on this if they have more knowledge on Chronos or anything but... A good idea is to use Time Rift on the enemy if they are stunned by Stop Time or any other CC. It has a small AoE so it is usually harder to hit. Not only that, it has a small delay so you have to aim a bit ahead of where they're going to be. Same with Stop Time. I know of many people who don't even put more points into Rewind until later game since all it does is reduce the cooldown. Instead, they focus more on the damage from Time Rift.

I start out with Stop Time for some CC and then go ahead and max Time Rift. Early game I would use Stop Time for clearing minions waves then finish with auto attacks or Time Rift. Early game, while using Accelerate, you want to use Section I-III more for sustain and easier clear times. Late game, Chronos becomes pretty amazing with his basic attacks as well so people do the Stop Time/ Time Rift combo, Accelerate into Section IV and finish off with basic attacks. Rewind is useful for escapes/defensively or even offensively whether resetting your CD's, gaining some ground over the enemy for mana loss or both.

The items you listed are pretty much what I use about in a Chronos build. Some people like to build Hastened Fatalis with Chronos since he's one of the few mages that are extremely fast and auto attack based.

I learn a new god by using him/her in 1v1 bots, practice arenas/jousts, and sometimes casual games.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 4, 2014 4:58pm | Report
I'll update my guide soon. Basically in the current age, a nice item build is
Either Boots,
Polynomicon
Demonic Grip
Breastplate of Valor/Chronos Pendant for CDR cap
Rod of Tahuti
Situational Item

Telkhine's is good early but falls off REALLY hard.

Max 1 first for the damage (since on stop time hit it's guaranteed), get a point in ult (determine if the CDR is REALLY worth it), then stagger-ish 2 and 3. Stop time damage and CDR is nice, but the speed bonus and auto attack bonus to accelerate is too nice to pass up. Basically, 2 and 3 are in no rush to finish, and should be leveled as needed - speed, or magey-burst.

Heal is nice if you're getting low, early game ONLY use the magic power boost to clear waves with stop time, once you start getting auto attack items the MP contribution can do very well. The mana reduction is kinda iffy, it's not too great but is good in a pinch.

And to learn a god...just play them a LOT. Test every build conceivable. Find where to build mp bruiser, where to build auto attack, where to build CDR or full destructoin mage. This goes the same for every role. Nothing is able to be perfectly theorycrafted. Test everything out. It's not so much a certain way to learn a god, but intense testing and playing.

If you have any questoins, despite my guide's condition, PM or message me. I still know him very well :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » April 4, 2014 5:50pm | Report
Apprecitae the help, guys ! Thankyou.

@Raventhor - I must have missed your guide when I was looking at them, I shall give it a read, thanks.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » April 4, 2014 5:59pm | Report
It's old please no D:
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }