Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

General Late Game Question

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » General Late Game Question 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryalken » November 18, 2014 7:19pm | Report
Hello, I am new to both Smite and SmiteFire.

In a YouTube video I watched on Hades, someone said that he sort of falls off in late game and does better early game.

So what I wanted to ask was basically why is this the case? Why would he do well early and not late?

Even if this particular remark about Hades would happen to not be true, I am still curious in general about this idea of a character doing better in a certain part of the match.

Basically, my confusion comes in a little in the following way. As the match progresses you are gaining levels and building items and it seems like everything is improving. So why wouldn't a character who did well early game just continue to do better in late game?

Thank you very much for your time and patience in answering my question.

Ryalken

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 18, 2014 7:57pm | Report
No god actually scales down throughout the game. By "falling off" it can mean either the scaling of the abilities starts out high and has very low scaling or that generally other gods can outperform the same god in that stage of the game. Essentially compared to many other gods they can be considered as falling off.

Other gods that "really fall off" like Fenrir, Bastet, Tyr, Odin, and Thanatos do this simply the way they are designed. You can notice one thing between all of these gods. They are ability based.

Now that I re-review many of their abilities it has to do with badly designed kits/abilities that don't scale well/abilities that are easily countered dealing low damage. What I mean is badly designed is a personal opinion. A god like Thanatos that depends on landing 1 skill. Ofc he will fall off as he can't do anything lategame compared to the other gods that can burst much faster. Whilst Fenrir isn't badly designed, his 3 is easily interrupted and so is his ult. His ult can be used single handedly with a tower's help whose damage doesn't do as much to you lategame.

As for Hades? I personally don't think he falls off too hard. He's alright, just compared to most mages they can destroy him 1v1 in terms of sheer damage late game. Hades quick 1+3 combo relies him to waste his escape for damage. And his ult does relatively lower damage compared to mages and also is easily countered by a leap or beads.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Chiulin » November 23, 2014 6:48pm | Report
Hades falls off because of his kit, like most other gods. He has a very upfront style. So early game, where he has high base protections. He can do fantastic, with his good base numbers. Unfortunately as the game progresses, he either gets destroyed by getting burst down too quickly while not building some defense, or he doesn't do enough damage because he built the protections. He is also more easily countered late game, when everyone has beads, or has points into their leap(which Hi-Rez thinks every god needs).

Hades is a wonderful god for casuals as most people surrender before the game makes it far enough for him to fall off.

Then on the flipside some gods require items to really shine. Mainly every adc and kali. Who rely on attack speed and critical hit damage, or quins to shine. So they start out with low damage output and progressively get more and more powerful.

In other words. Ability based melee gods typically fall off. While AA based ranged gods(and kali) typically get more and more powerful. :P

Chiulin

Prominent (31)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }