Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Experience - only through killing?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Experience - only through killing? 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » January 24, 2013 9:12am | Report
Do you only gain experience by being the one to actually kill the creeps? Do you get exp if you get in at least one hit? Do you get exp if you are in the general area?

I've recently gotten into Smite, and I'm enjoying it. However, I find that I'm always behind everyone. I'm sure there are a million things I'm missing, but if everyone else is constantly level 10, 11, and 12 and whenever I'm barely level 8, it means I'm missing some valuable experience. Am I just too far away from my lane partner when the creeps are killed? Do I actually have to be the one to kill them?

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » January 24, 2013 11:44am | Report
Okey you have just launched a torrent of questions but I will try to answer one at the time...

Am I just too far away from my lane partner when the creeps are killed?

It doesn't really matter where your lane partner is and it actually doesn't matter even if neither you or the lane partner is the on to kill the creep so long as you are close to the creep(s) then they die you get both exp and gold now the only difference is then you deal the killing blow (last hit) then you get a bonus to both the exp and gold that you receive then it dies (I think it's like 10% I don't remember).

Do I actually have to be the one to kill them?

As stated above no you do not have to be the one to kill creep to get exp and gold you just get more if you last hit (deal the killing blow).

Also another thing to note if you are too far from the creeps then they die you will be NOTHING no exp no gold so stay close unless you are very low on HP.

Hope this answers your questions if you have any more or I missed something just write here or you can send me a PM.

P.s. You could just test all of this in the practice mode to get the idea of how close you need to be to receive gold/exp from dying creep.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }