Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ao Kuang - similar gods

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Ao Kuang - similar gods 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ArcheTwist » December 22, 2013 7:36am | Report
Hi, I've been playing Ao Kuang and found him to be a very entertaining god to play. I think he suits my play style and would like to know if there are any other similar gods. Oh, maybe I should add that I am focusing on Arena play.

ArcheTwist

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 22, 2013 7:45am | Report
Anubis is pretty similar to Ao Kuang gameplay-wise, with more damage potential, but more difficult to play. If you feel confident, pick Anubis. Keep in mind that, as I mentioned, he is pretty hard to play.

Poseidon is similar to Ao Kuang, if not with a extremely similar kit. Zhong Kui and Ra are good picks if you want someone similar to Ao Kuang.

Tl;dr: Anubis, Poseidon, Ra and Zhong Kui.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 22, 2013 2:12pm | Report
I disagree with zhong being similar. Ra, pos, nubis have very similar skills to the noodle. All have their AoE wave clear, their
Straight shot nuke and hard hitting ult instant burst. Zhong's kit doesn't aline with those in the slighetest.

You should try him out though. He is great fun :D
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » December 22, 2013 2:50pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

I disagree with zhong being similar. Ra, pos, nubis have very similar skills to the noodle. All have their AoE wave clear, their
Straight shot nuke and hard hitting ult instant burst. Zhong's kit doesn't aline with those in the slighetest.

You should try him out though. He is great fun :D

I put Zhong in the list due the fact he farms a lot. Ao Kuang is a farm machine, and Zhong is farm-reliant. A good Ao player might be a good Zhong.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » December 22, 2013 3:00pm | Report
Prrf yeah he is a great farmer but even a greater killer :D

You can do both though. I have to say that if you start playing zhong that you should really read him through though.

So you know how all his skills work and what to do when.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ArcheTwist » December 22, 2013 6:19pm | Report
Thanks for the replies. I had a feeling myself that Anubis was quite similar but for some reason I don't see him too often in Arena play. And it seems to me it's harder to escape an enemy with Anubis (Ao Kuang has Slither), am I correct? Poseidon seems to deal less damage than Ao but it may just be the build I've tried.

ArcheTwist

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nostradumass » January 10, 2014 6:10am | Report
I am actualy better with poseidon than i am with Ao. he has the ability to press #2 and chase someone down with auto attack :D i like that. But i am fairly new to the game ( 2 weeks ) and i am trying to learn all i can about the gods.

Nostradumass

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Porz21 » January 15, 2014 5:48am | Report
Well As you're looking for similarities I'd say that pretty much all the mages in the game might suit you. Yet a few of them like he bo are more difficult to play since his kit is based on being near the enemies. Although most of the mages in the game are imo similar in gameplay.

Porz21

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » January 15, 2014 5:53am | Report
ArcheTwist wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I had a feeling myself that Anubis was quite similar but for some reason I don't see him too often in Arena play. And it seems to me it's harder to escape an enemy with Anubis (Ao Kuang has Slither), am I correct? Poseidon seems to deal less damage than Ao but it may just be the build I've tried.

Exactly. Anubis sacrifices his escapes for high damage output, thus it's good to have a tank with lots of CC, so you can land all your abilities while saving your Mummify for escape purposes. As I mentioned earlier, Anubis is hard to play because of his lack of escapes.

Yes, Poseidon is pretty underpowered like now. He is a walking Release The Kraken!.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » January 16, 2014 12:44am | Report
Cough*kiddy pool of sadness*cough

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }