Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Animation Cancelling Question

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Animation Cancelling Question 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryalken » November 20, 2014 5:44pm | Report
Hello everyone,

I saw a YouTube video about animation cancelling in Smite and wanted to ask a few questions about it.

First off, is there still animation cancelling in Smite? Or has it been taken out or something like that?

Second of all, is it considered glitching, exploiting, or cheating?

Third, how important is it to do?

And finally, how do you do it?

Thank you very much for your time.

Ryalken

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 20, 2014 6:51pm | Report
Animation cancelling is using the delay before or after an animation to either increase your damage output by getting an extra basic attack or ability in or skip over parts in your attack speed chain.

I loved this article which helped me a lot on the subject: [link]

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryalken » November 20, 2014 7:15pm | Report
Is there a delay in between one ability and the next? It seems like sometimes I'll try to use two abilities in quick succession and the second one doesn't go off. I was thinking maybe it was something like, hitting right click after an ability so you could use the next one quicker.

Ryalken

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 20, 2014 8:34pm | Report
Its not on all abilties but yes some do have a delay where you can sneak a basic attack in. Give me an example because it differs from each skill set.

The most similar thing I can think of what you're talking about is skipping over a certain part of a god's basic attack swing chain. A lot of times the last swing would deal more damage but take a longer time. You get more dps in general if you use the animation cancelling on certain gods. You hit twice, use an ability,bhut twice, use an ability etc. Was a huge thing for arachne when she came out before it got modified or something like that.

Don't be afraid to show a little appreciation and hit that rep button whenever you feel like I helped you out!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » November 20, 2014 10:16pm | Report
Greenevers wrote:

Don't be afraid to show a little appreciation and hit that rep button whenever you feel like I helped you out!

Green please.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » November 21, 2014 3:51am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

Green please.

I mean I spent some tiem helping him out on the other thread.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryalken » November 27, 2014 12:07pm | Report
Hey, I didn't even know that +Rep button existed, but I do now! Lol, so I have and will continue to use it!

Ryalken

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }