Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A question about auras and passives that affect either allies or enemies

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » A question about auras and passives that affect either allies or enemies 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 25, 2013 11:05am | Report
I would like to make sure I am thinking rightly about how auras and passives work. Why there is no official guide that answers questions like this is irritating, so your willingness to answer is sincerely appreciated.

Take Soul Eater as an example. The aura gives 10% lifesteal and 10% physical power to allies within 30ft.

My questions are as follows:
1) Am I right to assume that if an ally is magical then he/she does not benefit from Soul Eater's aura?
2) If I am playing a physical god and am within 30ft of two allies who both are equipped with fully stacked Soul Eater's, do I get 10% lifesteal and =10 physical power? In other words, do I benefit from both?

Using Void Blade as another example. Its passive says that it reduces the physical protection of enemies within 55ft by 15.
3) If I am within 55ft of 3 enemies all of whom have fully stacked Void Blades are physical protections reduced by 45 (assuming I have at least +45 physical protection, of course)? In other words, does Void Blades protections debuff stack?

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » September 25, 2013 11:32am | Report
1. Magic's will obtain the aura.
2. The auras do not stack.
3. The debuff will not stack.

Most auras don't stack.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 25, 2013 2:40pm | Report
Thanks, but it doesn't make sense to me that Soul Eater's aura works for magicals. They do not and cannot have physical power (so what good is 10% of nothing?) and they don't do physical damage, so how can they benefit from physical lifesteal? And if they actually do benefit, then why use the adjective "physical?" Why not just say lifesteal and power? As far as I can determine, magicals cannot build physical power and vice versa. If you cannot build it, how can you have it? The only instance I can think of when a god from one power band and do damage in the other is when a physical builds Mystical Mark. Not that Mark does not give them magical power; it simply does magical damage. No power for you!

I really do appreciate your taking the time to response, and your other answers seem right to me.

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 25, 2013 2:57pm | Report
Well the aura would obviously still apply to them - they ARE an ally in range - they just don't get benefit from it.

And Sovereignty does not say both physical and magical gods get 20 protections. It says all gods get 20 physical and magical protection.

All auras apply to all gods within their radius - some just won't benefit from it.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 25, 2013 6:29pm | Report
Raventhor! Thanks again, bro. You are a huge help. I was actually in the process of rechecking on how the aura and passive actually read, then got distracted here at home. I've edited above. Thanks for confirming my suspicion that magical gods did not benefit from Soul Eater's aura. That is the logical assumption. You are also right that it does technically apply to "all" as stated.
This is very misleading, though. Above, UnknownPandr seems to believe magicals do benefit, and I can't blame him for thinking so. These kinds of confusions are common, and that is why I have started talking up the need for an official Smite guide elsewhere on this site. See my thread, The Noob Solution, in the general topic section.

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » September 25, 2013 7:21pm | Report
Well believe it or not, you can actually create a guide without it being a 'god' guide under 'general strategy'. Psiyo actually had had (everytime I have to use 'had had' in a sentence, I hate english a bit more) a guide on the homepage for the longest time that was a general strategy guide for midlane. The only complicated thing is getting your guide well known, but through extensive revisiting and updating a 'strategy' guide, and through people commenting or such on it, it can be homepaged and well known. It just takes someone with enough willpower to include EVERYTHING needed for smite!

Hopefully one day we'll have an entire section on smitefire dedicated to game tips!

Oh and on the previous topic's info, no problem, always glad to clear up any confusion :)
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by KrispyKritter » September 25, 2013 10:25pm | Report
The way I feel about it is that HighRez should provide an official and comprehensive guide that would include definitions of terms and how item qualites like penetration, crit chance, etc. work and interrelate. If these things are not accurately and clearly explained how is anyone expected to understand? How can you create a good build if your understanding of how things work is defective?

If I never played Monopoly, and I bought it, brought it home, opened it and found they didn't provide rules of play in the box or even online, I would be frustrated and certainly would return the game.

If you are familiar with moba and dota, or friends introduce you to the game, you have a head start, but if you are inexperienced and don't have personal assistance, it is quite a task to learn simply what all the terms mean. I stumbled on Smite on youtube. I was not an electronic or PC game player. I didn't know what moba was or dota, or OP, or dot damage, or critical damage, or what a buff was, or anything. By watching gameplay and listening to commentary, finding sites like this, and so on, I have learned quite a bit, but it has been very time consuming. If there was a comprehensive guide, I could have learned what I know and what I still want to know in one evening.

To me it is incomprehensible that a company like HighRez doesn't seem to quite get that the learning curve is substantial. If I owned this company, I would want to make it as easy as possible for anyone interested in learning more about Smite and wanting to play it passably well to be able to do so. Maybe they are planning to do more or will realize the necessity of doing so in order to grow their business. Maybe right now they are only interested in more experienced players as they continue to develop the game? I don't know. All I know is not providing a comprehensive guide is dumb.

I am not suggesting they provide a strategy guide. That can be done by individuals and on sites like this. All I am saying is they should provide material explaining the workings of the game completely so that people can understand and get up to speed more rapidly.

KrispyKritter

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }