Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need jungle mentoring

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Need jungle mentoring 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MrHaamu » May 9, 2015 4:57pm | Report
Hello,
i have played Smite for a quite a while now. Recently i started playing junglers and i do quite well with Nemesis. Still i cant seem to win any league games. I want to get better with nemesis and i also want to learn about jungling routes, when to gank, what to build and so on. So i know the basics but i still need to improve.

Sincerely,
MrHaamu

MrHaamu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 9, 2015 5:58pm | Report
Hey there MrHaamu! I can try to help you out as much on here or you can PM me in-game or on here to ask any more questions you have in the future. IGN: Regen

As the jungler, you generally want to be an assassin. Really any god to jungle but the most popular are assassins and warriors. (Athena / Ymir are also common).

You want to generally start at the speed buff along with your solo laner and then continue to help your solo laner clear the blue buff. You could change it up;starting backs, starting blue in case of an invade, or invade. You generally don't want to invade unless you feel relatively safe doing so. Make sure you realize what a strong level 1 invade is. Gods that have a strong level 1 include: Arachne, Bellona, Nemesis, Hercules, Osiris, Tyr, Thor, Bastet, Bakasura, Awilix, and Thanatos. Gods that have a noticeable bad level 1 include: Loki, Ne Zha, Guan Yu, and all mages. Everyone else (assassins / warriors) have a decent level 1 fight.

Sorry for the ramble, depending on what level you are invades might not even happen. However, it is a good way of pubstomping if you know what you are doing. After clearing through the 2 camps, go ahead and share a couple waves with your solo laner. Make sure you do not rotate out when there is a free wave sitting in front of you. You then have the choice of going to do enemy backs, your backs, or straight to mid to get some farm and potentially get a kill or poke.

Split your other back camps or enemy back camps with your mid laner (ping, VVF) since it's more efficient splitting camps than doing them yourself as the jungler. It should be around the 2:45 mark and this is the time when you should be heading to mid camps. You should try to realize what the mid camp fight will be like. It depends on whether the enemy mid laner and jungler will be five, how good their ultimate is at rank 1, and how early or late their/your support rotated out of the duo lane. The support will never be level 5 heading into a mid camp fight unless there was one or two first bloods in the duo lane.

If your support and mid have rights under control, go ahead and take lefts if your hog is up. If it isn't or if there's 3 enemies at the other mid camps, split the rights.

You generally split a wave or two or do backs after that and back. You now want to look for splitting farm and ganks. Make sure to split waves after ganking. This will maximize your gold / xp efficiency. Always look for an early gold fury if you get 2 / 3 enemies dead or you notice the enemy support back. Make sure to give as much presence early since most junglers tend to fall off unless you're a hyper-carry.

Good luck!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MrHaamu » May 10, 2015 2:22am | Report
Thanks fo the info! I have a question about mid harpys. When should i leave solo? What should i do then? I usually leave a bit early and get mid harpys. After that i got to base and buy combat shoes so i have an advantage if there is a fight at mid harpys. Should i do this? Or should i just stay in duo lane untill 2:45? Whats the best way? And should i do the jungle route every time? I think i might be too attached to the route and i dont gank much. At what point (if there is) do i stop doing the jungling route (apart from speed buff) and focus on ganking and clearing waves after?

MrHaamu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » May 10, 2015 6:57am | Report
A general rule is, if there's jungle camps up and there's nothing for you to really do, clear out your jungle. If your jungle is all cleared and there's still nothing you can do to help your team in lane, look at the enemy's jungle. If a team fight brawls out, you generally want to be there and drop your farm. When you see an enemy overextend, or your mid/solo/duo lane is having trouble, or you have 2+ allies rotating to a lane to gank or something.

Leaving solo at what time depends on the situation. If you have Hog2, I generally clear max 2 waves and look at the enemy back camps. Unless there's an early kill potential, I leave solo lane by around 1:20 (2-5 waves). You should not be staying in solo so long that mid harpys spawn right after. You have the time to do back camps and leech off mid. If you rotate early enough, you can hank duo as well and head back to mid camps with your support.

Backing early is generally bad since it puts you behind the enemy jungler (usually). I will only back before mid camps if I really have to. Like if I almost died in solo, I'll just back, split back harpys and head to mid.

The jungle route is just a general direction you should follow. Something different can happen every game. The jungle route I gave you lasts only after the mid harpies at 3:00. After that you kind of have to manage your camp timers and ganks on your own.

General game sense with jungling comes with experience. I'd say experiment around with jungle routes until you find a nice medium on what you should do for every distinct game.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }