Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need assistance AKA Why do I suck so bad as Sobek

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Need assistance AKA Why do I suck so bad as Sobek 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Axtrixis » August 20, 2013 12:24am | Report
I love the way he looks, and, i'm on a quest to own all the Gods from Egypt and want to be good at them.

I can play Physical Damage hero's rather well, but Sobek eludes me. :)

Axtrixis

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 20, 2013 12:57am | Report
He is a tank-support after all, don't try to kill enemy but help ally to kill enemies. See these great guide for more information :
From dark jaw : https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/sobek-guide-swimming-on-deep-waters-2217
From sunfall : https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/sobek-the-troll-of-the-nile-1840

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 20, 2013 1:09am | Report
Sobek is very very hard to play solo lane, if that's how you're playing him. His abilities are not meant for damage whatsoever, you're K/D will only be good due to not dying, never due to killing a lot.

What he brings is utility to support a carry, and disruption to run a teamfight. Use his Charge-Fling into a Knockup, followed by his cone attack to debuff their healing and do some cleave. Past that, ult, get some major AoE damage off and zone the enemies through it, and use any refreshing CD's to peel for your squishies. Your role is to FLING a mage/carry, KNOCKUP anyone near you afterwards to prevent them stepping in to help the isolated target, and ZONE them through an ult afterwards.

And be sure you're building right, by using the guides mentioned above.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » August 20, 2013 3:05pm | Report
Sobek's Role = Stop people from doing what they want to do aka be annoying as hell.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 20, 2013 4:02pm | Report
I just want to make sure you realize he is magical, becuase I'm not sure you do.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 20, 2013 4:27pm | Report
RazeMage wrote:

He is a tank-support after all, don't try to kill enemy but help ally to kill enemies. See these great guide for more information :
From dark jaw : https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/sobek-guide-swimming-on-deep-waters-2217
From sunfall : https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/sobek-the-troll-of-the-nile-1840

:,)

Anyway, I see you mention that you can play a Physical Hero. If you're planning to use Sobek like a Physical one( Bruiser), then I see the reason why you're having problem with him. Try to build Sobek as a true tank( no damage, only protections. maybe one damage item, and that's it).

Other usual problems I see with people is the skill order, aside from that I need to watch a gameplay from you to see what is bothering you about Sobek.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Axtrixis » August 20, 2013 7:47pm | Report
Sorry for the confusion, I meant that I was decent at playing "melee" type Gods, not that i was trying to classify Sobek a "physical", i've played a few more matches as him together, and i'm doing much better.

I think i'm used to having huge kill numbers as Loki, Freya and Anubis, and Sobek isn't about collecting kills, more support. I currently have a gear line up that is all defensive/hp, and he takes a beating. :)

Axtrixis

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }