Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for specific god mentor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for specific god mentor 4 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Syblyx » May 27, 2014 2:33pm | Report
Quoted from mentor thread:
Quoted:
Hi,

Normally I would simply PM one of the mentors, however I am looking for help with a few specific gods,

although my end goal is to get better with all of them as a whole. Since I am just posting here, I'll

explain my situation. I am new to both MOBAs and SMITE, and SMITE is my first MOBA. I caught on to

the basic strategies, and with simple gods (Ymir, Ra) I can easily have high K/D/A ratios and wins.

However, ease doesn't entertain me. I was told that Nemesis was extremely difficult, however I still

unlocked her, out of curiosity. Although my first few games were slightly difficult, after reading a

guide I was easily able to keep up ~25/5/x (My assists vary). I'm Mastery Rank II on her now, almost

III (I have only played her for a few days). As such, thanks to double favor, I quickly gained

enough favor for another god. And although I planned on sticking with Nemesis, I did want to try out

other gods. Hel caught my eye. Of course, people told me she was also extremely difficult, yet I

didn't take heed. I don't mind difficulty anyways. Anyways, once again, although I was average, I

couldn't reach the numbers I was easily able to reach with Nemesis. As such, I looked at Smitefire

once again searching for a guide. Unfortunately, almost all Hel guides made are outdated or simply

not good quality. I decided to keep trying with her, to see if I could pick up with her, but I've

been playing with her non-stop and I can't seem to figure her out. Unfortunately, none of the

mentors had mentioned proficiency with Hel, but it is possible that they may not think of it as

their first choice, in terms of proficiency. So if any mentors here are skilled with Hel, it would

be wonderful for assistance, even a build would be beneficial. Also, on a side note, I have been

avoiding conquest, due to its strategic need, but I want to get into it now, yet I don't understand

most of the basic things that is practically required to play conquest. Assistance with conquest

would also be very much appreciated.

TL; DR information:

IGN: Syblyx

Level: 15 (Yes, I understand, it is pretty low. I've been working in many custom matches, however.)

Main Gods: Nemesis, Hel, Ymir

Where I would like help: Hel, Conquest, not sure what the skill ceiling on Nemesis is, but wouldn't mind any help with her either.

Types of mentors I am looking for: Mentors with specific skills in areas mentioned above (General skill is alright as well, however if a Mentor plays Hel quite often, for example, I'd rather work with them), Mentors who explain everything (What I mean is, a lot of things that everyone assumes everyone understands, I don't know. Many terms etc. are foreign to me), and a mentor who simply doesn't mind me making stupid mistakes. I do it quite often, when I am learning, so patience would be very kind.

How long I've been playing: Two weeks

Note: Although I make very specific requests above, this is my ideal setup. Any mentor in particular that has even basic skills with Hel or conquest is most definitely appreciated for help. Knowledge with Hel in particular is only a luxury.

EDIT: If it helps, I can post a picture of my profile stats.

Updates:
I am level 19 as of now.
Three weeks now.
I don't mind having a specific god mentor for the following: Hel, Anhur, Nemesis (If I can ramp up my kills further, that'd be great)
I do not main Ymir much anymore. I main now: Nemesis, Hel, Artemis,

Syblyx

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » May 30, 2014 3:32pm | Report
I'm not a mentor, but I could help with Nemesis. Love that girl <3

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » May 30, 2014 4:10pm | Report
For Hel, ask Tormented Turnip. For Anhur, I think m4xiimus plays him a lot.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Syblyx » June 1, 2014 11:50am | Report
Thank you all for the response! I am going to PM all the people mentioned. Being a mentor doesn't matter, I'm just looking for improvement! +Rep guys, thanks!

EDIT: It appears my PM system is not working... Can I have the IGNs of the people named?

Syblyx

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }