Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for overall mentoring

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for overall mentoring 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shadowdragoon66 » February 10, 2015 3:30pm | Report
Let me explain what I mean by "overall mentoring."

I am currently around level 12 or so and I am still getting a feel of this game. I am usually mediocre at MOBAs but this one I am actually fairly decent at. I have the ultimate god pack and I have been trying different gods out in assault bot matches to try out some of the different gods and then taking ones I did decently with into other game modes to play with them more. I haven't really played too much with specific roles or gods so I don't really know what I am best at or which gods to go with for certain roles.

I notice that I have been rather passive and want to get a little more aggressive. I usually stick to my lane and don't venture out of it much except to return to base or help with gold fury/fire giant.

I only really played as Ashe in LoL and various different support characters in Infinite Crisis, but I haven't really found the role or god in Smite that I excel at.

I think that with better knowledge about the gods and some help with how to better play the different game modes, I think that I can do well in this game and would appreciate any sort of mentoring or help people can provide.

My IGN is noctemdracone if you want to get a hold of me in game.

shadowdragoon66

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greytower » February 21, 2015 4:56pm | Report
I'll add you in game in a bit. My ign is Greytower.

Basically what you're saying is that you want to learn to rotate and gank. Rotation becomes viable when you've established control of your lane.

Your definition of control will become more broad as you grow as a player, but I'd say for a lvl 12 player, it means that once you've taken their tier 1 tower, you can roam from your lane to gank other lanes and steal camps, similar to a jungler.

The important part about roaming is information, in other words, knowledge of the enemy. The two basic systems for locating enemies are calling MIA and warding. Calling MIA (Missing in Action) tells your teammates where an enemy ISN'T, and only requires the ability to type VF(n) into your keyboard, where as warding tells you where enemies ARE, and require 50 gold per ward and you have to place them.

If someone is MIA from your lane, your first course of action should be to inform your teammates, so that they can expect a gank and aren't ambushed. The second course of action is to decide whether you should search for that enemy, rotate yourself and help another lane, or exploit their absence and push their tower. Wards make decisions like these much less risky and are an essential part of gameplay.

If you want to rotate, you should first make sure that your lane is secured and you can return to it fairly quickly if your opponent returns to it and starts pushing your tower. As stated above, wards help with this.

Early game, rotations can be a huge help to other lanes. If you manage to kill your laning opponent off early, and you still have a decent amount of health and mana, tell your teammates that you're going to their lane to help them.

You mentioned that you don't know what role or gods you really like. If you're interested in rotation, jungling is a great way to learn that. Unfortunately, due to it's uniqueness in it's role, you can and will become the scapegoat of your team at times for not being in the right place at the right time.

Support, although a less popular role, also requires rotation. Your job as a support is to rotate to whichever lane needs the most help and secure objectives like midcamps, the gold fury, and fire giant. Another bonus to rotating as a support is when you're out of lane, your adc will level faster as the xp isn't split among you. Athena currently one of the strongest supports in the meta and her ultimate makes her probably the best rotator in the game.

Running the middle lane also encourages picking gods such as Scylla and Janus, both of which have kits which promote rotation and ganking, although Janus' kit gives easier access to rotation via portals. Middle lane gods are the main source of ganks aside from the jungler.

Solo lane also involves rotation, and relies heavily on proper coordination with the jungler in early to mid game. Solo lane also usually contains the first tower to be destroyed, determining which team will have people rotating first.

Although rotating is crucial to gameplay, keep in mind that the best way to efficiently and safely earn xp and gold is farming your lane and destroying enemy towers.

Greytower

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shadowdragoon66 » February 21, 2015 10:08pm | Report
Sorry about the late response. I will get in game in a bit and accept the friend request if I haven't done so already. I recently upgraded my PC and have been getting it set back up so I haven't seen this until now.

shadowdragoon66

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }