Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I'm brand new to Smite and I'm looking for people to play/help me out!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » I'm brand new to Smite and I'm looking for people to play/help me out! 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fu Geri » December 3, 2013 8:56am | Report
I've been playing for a couple of days now(I'm hooked!) and I think i finally get the basic concept of the game. I've been accused of trolling a few times but the fact is I'm just ignorant to this style of play.. So I'm just looking for ANYBODY willing to help/play with. I like to play competitively and have past experience with console FPS(MLG Halo/CoD).

I also have 2 other friends that just started playing and we are looking for another 2 players who play consistently and are willing to learn. Hopefully progressing into the tournament scene!

*AND as much as I've researched guides/videos, nothing REALLY breaks the game down into something simple for a complete noob like me to understand.

My Smite handle is FuGeri HMU!

Thanks and have fun!

:)
Follow me on twitter! twitter.com/fugeri
twitch.tv/fugeri

Fu Geri

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Doomsday_Machine » December 3, 2013 11:04am | Report
How old are you? You can join the clan taw.net, they have a teamspeak channel and ppl there are of every skill level, if you have a mike I can teach you some of the basics to get you going.

Doomsday_Machine

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » December 3, 2013 1:20pm | Report
What a shameless plug Doomsday_Machine.

Welcome to SmiteFire Fu Geri.

Now are there any specific parts that you don't understand about Smite (I'm assuming that you are playing conquest) or you just need for someone to break down the whole game for you? I just need to know how much I need to explain.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fu Geri » December 3, 2013 3:04pm | Report
I'm 25 and I have a mic, but setting it up is a whole other story..

Yes I'm playing conquest. The biggest thing that confuses me is just how the game goes from beginning to end. Like what I need to be doing in the beginning/mid/endgame. Which gods do what. I get tanking, support, adc, and what not.

I've mainly been playing Ra, so mid lane. But if I were to chose another god I would really have no clue what role they would play.
twitch.tv/fugeri

Fu Geri

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Doomsday_Machine » December 4, 2013 8:14am | Report
Lol, I'm not like trying to advertize anything since I am just a regular member there too, I can help you on Raidcall or Skype if you want, I got alot of free time lately I could spend teaching people how to be nice players. Few things you should do to get good and enjoy the game:

1. Pick two similar roles and try to stick with them, it's much faster to understand one or two specific roles than trying to understand every single role. You should understand how other roles effect your gameplay, but if you play RA mid lane and try to learn him you should not be bouncing around playing Athena duo lane and trying to understand her, I would suggest sticking with Mid lane and Solo lane because you can always play similar gods on both lanes.

2. Add good players to your friend list, if you play a game with someone who you think is good, befriend them, it's always better initially to queue with a friend than with randoms.

3. Read guides here about the gods you play, and try to be good at 2-4 different gods.

4. Communicate with your team and understand teamwork, when the team works together chances of winning are much higher, and for most is also more fun.

Know that you can't always get the role you want, and you should never instant lock a god especially in conquest just because you like that god. It is costumary to call out roles in conquest and usualy when everyone is nice the last people to call role get the left overs, so never expect you will get what you want in the first place, but you should always try to get what you want. My main role is Hunter, and my main gods are Apollo, Neith and Xbalanque, therefore that's what I aim to pick every time, however if someone else picks that role, I fall back on my other best role which is Tank, and as a tank I play Athena, Ymir and Sobek, which is good because as a Hunter I always lane with a tank so I should know what they do and how a tank player thinks. Now, I have been playing the game long enough that I am confident at playing every single role in a non league match and do well in them, and you will get there eventually as well, however I only usually have one pick for those roles, if I jungle and want to win, I go bakasura, if I mid, I go Ao Kuang, if I solo I go Chang'e, but I have mastered about 37 gods so far without an actual goal at mastering every god. Hope this helps!

Doomsday_Machine

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » December 4, 2013 8:31am | Report
So, you know the meta? if you do, chose one role in the meta to master. If not, I can easily recap it, though not right now.

Early game is laning - going to your lane, and just farming up, hopefully killing your opposing laner a few times and taking down their tier 1 tower (winning your lane).

Mid game is still laning, but people now start to roam around more freely - the midlaner ganks the sidelanes, the sidelanes gank midlanes. Heck, once I rotated to midlane, found that their mid rotated to the duo lane, and rotated there! the Gold Fury is usually targeted about now.

Late game is teamfights - everyone in the team groups up and tries to take objectives together, like a tower, a pheonix, or the Fire Giant. The occuring 5v5 fights are highly exhilirating, and is arguably the most fun part.

My reccomended gods for the meta roles:

Mid: Agni, Poseidon, Ao Kuang, He Bo, Ra, Eset. PLEASE get one of these.
Solo: Ra, Eset, Sun Wukong, Hercules, Odin.
Jungle: Thor, Fenrir, Ne Zha, Freya, He Bo, Odin, Bakasura.
Support: Sobek, Ymir, Athena, Bacchus, in that order.
ADC: Neith (please don't), Apollo, Anhur. Cupid is also irritatingly fun to play, try to stay away from him, otherwise he'll be the only carry you play.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fu Geri » December 4, 2013 11:33am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

So, you know the meta? if you do, chose one role in the meta to master. If not, I can easily recap it, though not right now.

Early game is laning - going to your lane, and just farming up, hopefully killing your opposing laner a few times and taking down their tier 1 tower (winning your lane).

Mid game is still laning, but people now start to roam around more freely - the midlaner ganks the sidelanes, the sidelanes gank midlanes. Heck, once I rotated to midlane, found that their mid rotated to the duo lane, and rotated there! the Gold Fury is usually targeted about now.

Late game is teamfights - everyone in the team groups up and tries to take objectives together, like a tower, a pheonix, or the Fire Giant. The occuring 5v5 fights are highly exhilirating, and is arguably the most fun part.

My reccomended gods for the meta roles:

Mid: Agni, Poseidon, Ao Kuang, He Bo, Ra, Eset. PLEASE get one of these.
Solo: Ra, Eset, Sun Wukong, Hercules, Odin.
Jungle: Thor, Fenrir, Ne Zha, Freya, He Bo, Odin, Bakasura.
Support: Sobek, Ymir, Athena, Bacchus, in that order.
ADC: Neith (please don't), Apollo, Anhur. Cupid is also irritatingly fun to play, try to stay away from him, otherwise he'll be the only carry you play.

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you! It clears a lot up. :D
twitch.tv/fugeri

Fu Geri

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }