Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Desperately need to learn mechanics/building?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Desperately need to learn mechanics/building? 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mokihunter » June 7, 2014 5:28pm | Report
Alright, so here's the thing. I used to have an old account for SMITE a while ago, back around when they had minotaurs instead of titans, and Domination was one of the main game modes. I ended up growing apart from the game, I think mostly due to the fact that no matter how hard I tried, I completely and utterly sucked...

Now, I've rediscovered the game and gotten a new account. For some reason, I'm significantly better than I initially was back then, but by that I mean I make a few kills (maybe up to 5 if I'm incredibly lucky) and die a lot less. But most of the time, I still am pretty bad.

I'm not sure what it is, but it kinda makes me ashamed to see that I'm level 23, have mastered four gods (Fenrir 7, Anubis 2, Loki 2, and Ra 1), and don't really have much skill to show for it. I hate being in games and having people yell at me because I'm not good enough, and I really love this game and wish to improve.

My number one problem is building. I don't know how you're supposed to counter build enemy gods, and while I can see which items they have, I'm not entirely familiar with everything the shop has to offer, and I don't know which items would be the best situation wise. I'm also a bit iffy on the mechanics, such as supports/tanks... etc. Other than that, I'm not sure where else I'm going wrong. I'd just love to have someone who'd be able to show me what I'm doing wrong and help me when it comes to building and technique (and someone who is patient and won't get frustrated if I tend to sound like a noob, which I probably will xD).

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Smite Username: PhantomFang

mokihunter

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » June 8, 2014 8:37pm | Report
Don't be ashamed (:

The shop and items probably seem really overwhelming at first, but playing a lot will help you understand them. Also watching streams or tournaments and paying attention to builds will help you understand them a little better, casters during tournaments are usually pretty good at pointing out stuff like that; "You can see here that he's gone with Magi's Blessing to counter the CC' Blah blah.

Take about 10 minutes and just look through the shop at the items, come up with situations/scenarios and think of which item wuould be best. You can even post your thoughts here and people will help you out. The basic concept is; He has a lot of physical damage, I'll build physical defense etc. ADC's generally stick to a specific build, going for damage over defense.
So I recommend watching DryBear on YouTube, who is good for new players and is great at explaining what he's doing and why. Twitch.tv/SmiteGame is a 24hr network with tournaments every weekend (US on Sat and EU on Sun) so that's good for learning. SmitePro on Twitch is where pro players stream, and of course a lot of pro players have their own channels. Barraccudda is good to watch for ADC, JeffHindla for Support etc etc. I'm sure you'll learn a lot watching them. TierMonster.com/God is a good site for general builds.

Supports are there to support the team (lawl), initially they help the ADC not take too much damage and protect them from dying, then they'll generally roam, allowing the ADC to solo farm.

Don't worry about how good or bad you are, just have fun with the game right now. Trying to learn by solo queuing is close to impossible, people will yell at you just for the sake of yelling, a lot of them don't even know what the problem is or what went wrong but will still happily blame anyone but themselves. Just mute those players and move on. Not to mention that you can outplay the enemy team to oblivion, but if you don't have a good team, it doesn't even matter.

Any questions, just ask.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » June 8, 2014 10:46pm | Report

tiermonster.com/guides you mean =)

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » June 9, 2014 7:31am | Report

Nope. I don't. Thanks. (:

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » June 9, 2014 8:04am | Report

Nope. I don't. Thanks. (:

tiermonster.com/God doesn't exist -_-
Then you mean tiermonster.com/god

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » June 9, 2014 9:41am | Report
Pentargonite wrote:

tiermonster.com/God doesn't exist -_-
Then you mean tiermonster.com/god

Wow, a capital letter, I'm sure TC could have figured it out.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » June 9, 2014 9:45am | Report

Wow a capital letter, I'm sure TC could have figured it out.

Dude, I'm just saying, no need to get so rude...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mokihunter » June 10, 2014 8:37am | Report
Thanks a lot! I'll try watching the streams and other things you mentioned, and hopefully it'll do some good. Thank you for the specific examples of who's better to watch, it'll certainly help me out a bit, I hope. I'll also try looking at the store for a little while, so hopefully that'll help too. Thanks again! I'll update with my progress if I end up getting a bit better :3
Smite Username: PhantomFang

mokihunter

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }