Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Smite player,seasoned MOBA player,looking for a few people to play with

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » New Smite player,seasoned MOBA player,looking for a few people to play with 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sinister Strife » March 25, 2013 10:44pm | Report
Hey guys,Sinister Strife here. I got Smite today,and have been trying it out. As an avid League of Legends player with a small amount of experience from DoTA 2,I must say I love MOBA genre games,and Smite has caught my attention. I do like alot of things about it, including the entire mythology deal. However, considering the mechanics of the game are alot different from what I'm used to, I'm finding it hard to transition over to the completely 3D,Over-the-shoulder-view,actiony-paced gameplay. I also haven't yet familarized myself with most of the item selection as much as I'd like to, and the controls are gunna take some getting used to.

So far,all I've really done are the 1v1 "joust" practice matches against a Ra Bot,which really isn't giving me much practice other than letting me see what a God's kit is like. Though this has allowed me to single out what Gods I like and all, what I'm hoping for is to find some people, whether they be new or old players,that are willing to do a few custom games with me. It would be nice to see how teamplay differs from the other games I've played so far,so that I can transition a bit better before heading into Casual Soloqueue with a bunch of random people whose levels I don't even know. It'd also be nice to see how my current gods work with a team and what synergizes well and whatnot.
With about a year of experience from League,and a few bot matches with friends on DoTA,I'm familiar with MOBA game roles that heroes are categorized in,and I'm the best with anything labeled "Carry",as I'm naturally passive and focus on farming until I'm confident I can actually do something else (Like getting a kill) without much doubt.In the case of carries,my favorite has to be Xbalanque.I just like every single thing about his kit. As far as casters (Or as they're called Mages in Smite),I really love Anubis,with his CC and hard nukes,and I've taken a liking to Ao Kuang as well. For tanks and bruisers, my first pick is Odin. High attack speed potential,nice gap closer,crowd control,and just feels ape crazy berserker with that ultimate of his. xD

So yeah, to sum it all up,I'd like to meet some friends that would do a few games with me, help me get a feel for the mechanics and the meta and all,maybe give me some extra tips for the Gods I mentioned and how to fit them into teams.

Sinister Strife

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thatotherpony » March 29, 2013 12:55pm | Report
I will play. Im prety bored just going to random matches so i will play

Thatotherpony

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 29, 2013 1:23pm | Report
if you wanna play with me and you would play xbalanque we could have a lot of fun with Ymir-Xbal, Sobek-Xbal or Bacchus-Xbal combos! I do know how you feel, it is kinda hard to getting used to the 3d person. feel free to pm me!

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » March 29, 2013 1:26pm | Report
I'm online most nights for 2-4 hours CST time zone. Feel free to add me in game :)

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by nightmare1985 » March 30, 2013 4:35pm | Report
hello there I have a clan with 5 members currently named SERBIAN THUNDER Im lvl 30 not so bad in skills :P so you can join and level up with my clan. I dont think you will make a bad choice :)))

nightmare1985

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }