Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Zombie skins?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Zombie skins? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » September 4, 2014 2:49pm | Report
Well I've been thinking seeing how the recent Ullr Survivor skin came out basically being a Zombie-Apocalypse theme.

So basically you know how we got sci-fi skins and a good abundance of robot skins among other odd joke skins here and there,

What about Zombified gods/goddesses skins? like zombie versions (Except already gods of death,and seeing how we basically already got a zombie skin if you count Anubis Gravehound) but like grotesque and undead versions of like Mercury (L4D infected anyone?) or Hercules or even a Zombie Bacchus (I mean there is already a hint of that in the Ullr survivor comic :P) plus Halloween season is right around the corner so I figured it would be a perfect time as any to offer out this idea!

Let me know what you guys think ^^

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » September 4, 2014 3:59pm | Report
I'd be furious if they did this. That would officially be the straw that kept me out of this game for good.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » September 6, 2014 1:33pm | Report

I'd be furious if they did this. That would officially be the straw that kept me out of this game for good.

What on earth is so infuriating about zombies? xD, I mean honestly the game has already reached a high level of novelty with a Bacchus Elvis skin on the way (I think the alternative choice to that would've been even more ridiculous) and so many skins in general are either bogus, pretty soon we'll probably be playing Anhur in a ballerina outfit or Bacchus done up as a back-woods hillbilly, so honestly I wouldn't put it past zombie skins to be at least a more serious/cool look to these skins, I must admit robot Fenrir was pretty badass.

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » September 6, 2014 8:39pm | Report

What on earth is so infuriating about zombies? xD, I mean honestly the game has already reached a high level of novelty with a Bacchus Elvis skin on the way (I think the alternative choice to that would've been even more ridiculous) and so many skins in general are either bogus, pretty soon we'll probably be playing Anhur in a ballerina outfit or Bacchus done up as a back-woods hillbilly, so honestly I wouldn't put it past zombie skins to be at least a more serious/cool look to these skins, I must admit robot Fenrir was pretty badass.

Robot Fenrir would have been fine had his voice not sucked, but frankly the direction they're taking skin design gives me a sledgehammer headache. To me though, once officialy released zombie versions of characters are released for a game (barring things like Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare) it marks the final nail in it's coffin. Zombies belong exclusively in the slot of enemy hordes designed to be slaughtered in droves, nowhere else. And out of curiosity, what do you mean "the alternate choice"? I didn't know that this skin was coming out until these patch notes, let alone that there was another choice

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » September 7, 2014 1:24pm | Report

Robot Fenrir would have been fine had his voice not sucked, but frankly the direction they're taking skin design gives me a sledgehammer headache. To me though, once officialy released zombie versions of characters are released for a game (barring things like Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare) it marks the final nail in it's coffin. Zombies belong exclusively in the slot of enemy hordes designed to be slaughtered in droves, nowhere else. And out of curiosity, what do you mean "the alternate choice"? I didn't know that this skin was coming out until these patch notes, let alone that there was another choice

The alternative choice was Bacchus in a opera drag outfit basically based on the "Fat Lady" he had cone nipple breast-plates and a Viking look, basically Bacchus Norse Drag Queen style Bugs Bunny fashion lol, And I have to disagree with you on zombies seeing how RDR's Undead Nightmare was actually quite an original idea since I've never seen a zombie game set in the Wild West plus the mechanics for RDR were so smooth and satisfying with the ragdoll physics when you blasted zombies away (Though I will admit it felt like a rip-off with adding unique classes of zombies quite similar to L4D stylings)

But really to me Smite has reached that limit when you're putting Ullr Survivor skin in being a Zombie-Apocalypse background skin it's basically just opening up the floodgates to that whole playing field of ideas, and to be it wouldn't really be a personally terrible idea when we have so many ridiculous skins rolling out now (Swagni Agni, The King Bacchus, Poolseidon Poseidon, and dating back to even further back skins like Lil'Mana Vamana) Smite is at that point where really it's novelty so I don't see a point in not having something like Zombies amongst the mix.

Personally in my opinion? they should cut some slack on joke skins (Including zombies if it ever comes to light) and try making some Lore oriented skins.

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » September 7, 2014 11:05pm | Report
Maybe I didn't express myself properly, I said I did like Undead Nightmare. And I too would like them to make something that isn't a joke for once, because let's be frank, it's pouring over into actual god design too (voices primarily, so far they've done well with actual visual design).

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » September 8, 2014 11:32pm | Report

Maybe I didn't express myself properly, I said I did like Undead Nightmare. And I too would like them to make something that isn't a joke for once, because let's be frank, it's pouring over into actual god design too (voices primarily, so far they've done well with actual visual design).

Oh forgive me, I misread your RDR:UD part, I messed up xD. yeah I understand what you mean, but it's not the end of the world in general or final nail in the coffin, zombies can just add a spice sometimes to things especially seeing how October/Halloween is right around the corner I'd hope to see something worth while.

Honestly I'm disappointed since I main Bacchus as one of my main guardians alongside Ymir,Kumbhakarna and Ares (Once in awhile though he's became a lot less viable to me, I only play 3v3 anyhow and I still find him half-and-half useful/useless) But back on subject. I hear this Elvis Bacchus skin is a Treasure Chest Exclusive, and I was kinda anticipating this skin since I am actually a big fan of Elvis Presley in real life and Bacchus in the game. and I don't feel I'm gonna have to spend a good amount of gems just to gamble on possible chances of getting it or NOT getting it by major odds. I wish Smite would stop with this TC exclusives cause it's feeling like a major rip seeing how much money I've already sunk into Ult Gods Pack, and then skins/VP's in genera.

And honestly I couldn't agree more on you with Smite becoming way too novelty/joke, Serqet was my biggest disappointment, her voice is flat-out British, now Egyptian gods should NOT sound like that to begin with...I mean I guess we gotta look at the fact Apollo is already that accent and Athena has Russian accent, it's just pointless, I'd prefer normal/default models to have epic voices and then skins or anyother ridiculous skins or such can get these goofy voices.

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }