Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xbal passive

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Xbal passive 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » April 25, 2014 5:22pm | Report
Can we change his passive? Passives like these are just boring dead weight lame... make it more interesting please

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 25, 2014 8:22pm | Report
Idea -
Xbalanque's attack range is increased by x% after using an ability, stacking up to x times. Stacks last x seconds.

Idea -
The lower Xbalanque's mana is, his autos and darts will hit x% harder.

Idea - (this one kinda goes along with the old one)
After getting a kill, Xbalanque is invigorated in the tides of battle, gaining x% movespeed, x% attack speed and x% attack range, lasting x seconds.

All i got for now.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xCO2 » April 25, 2014 10:30pm | Report
First of all, this is a second party forum. We cannot make changes to the game or have influence on them, you can go to http://forums.smitegame.com/ to suggest changes. You can ask for ideas to change his passive though. To be honest I like and dislike his passive, it makes him able to snowball, and works well with his kit as his early ability to kill is strong, the bonus AD from getting these kills allows him to have a strong mid game, if you have a strong midgame you can have a more luxurious build come late game. He is a hunter who can be strong at all phases of the game and I see no reason to change it drastically. Another option would be to lower the stat gain from securing kills and remove the limit of how many stacks his passive can acquire. Making him scale much better in the late game, but have a weaker early and mid game. As far as I know Xbalanque isn't actually a strong competitive kit, in my opinion its just because of flavor of the month picks, I think of him as a mid tier pick. I could be biased as he's my hunter of choice, but his utility and damage output are fantastic at the right moments of the game.

xCO2

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 25, 2014 11:59pm | Report
I definitely agree with you, Xbalanque's passive, from a game design point of view, is complete garbage. I mean, in terms of power, yes, it's definitely there, but there's no fun gameplay interaction you need to focus on in order to make the most of this power, just play the game.

I really don't have anything to suggest here, but Xbalanque's passive needs a change.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bergmeister » April 26, 2014 9:26am | Report
I think his passive is imperative to his diversity. It allows for Xbal to focus on other stats like attack speed or lifesteal. His passive is gives you damage equal to quite a bit of the physical damage items. That's why I usually give him loads of attack speed and crit chance. Without this passive his overall damage will fall off greatly. And replying to the passive that has to do with more damage at lower mana. Why would want lower mana that just seems more hurtful than helpful.

Bergmeister

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bergmeister » April 26, 2014 9:31am | Report
And if it were to be changed to anything else I would be pissed because he is and always will be my best and most played god. I hate seing a lot of gods being changed after some people worked with them for a long time, and learned how they work. Like in the past I loved the old Kali. She was extremely fun. But when they changed her she was switched around completely. She goes from a high burst nuke into a meat grinder that doesn't hit hard at all and attacks faster than anything. Her complete play style was completely changed. Same with gods like guan yu. Sure the xba change would only be his passive, but I don't think it is that strong of a change, or that smart of a change. Not everything needs to be not boring, it just has to work.

Bergmeister

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 26, 2014 10:22am | Report
Bergmeister wrote:

And if it were to be changed to anything else I would be pissed because he is and always will be my best and most played god. I hate seing a lot of gods being changed after some people worked with them for a long time, and learned how they work. Like in the past I loved the old Kali. She was extremely fun. But when they changed her she was switched around completely. She goes from a high burst nuke into a meat grinder that doesn't hit hard at all and attacks faster than anything. Her complete play style was completely changed. Same with gods like guan yu. Sure the xba change would only be his passive, but I don't think it is that strong of a change, or that smart of a change. Not everything needs to be not boring, it just has to work.

If HiRez released a god that was really, really good, but was extremely boring to play (cough cough Ao Kuang cough cough) it would get bad rep. In video games, boredom is the worst possible thing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » April 26, 2014 12:23pm | Report
Sloogz wrote:

If HiRez released a god that was really, really good, but was extremely boring to play (cough cough Ao Kuang cough cough) it would get bad rep. In video games, boredom is the worst possible thing.

*cough cough* Ullr *cough cough* double post *cough cough

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » April 26, 2014 12:33pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

the double post is too strong

*cough cough* Ullr *cough cough* double post *cough cough
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » April 26, 2014 10:49pm | Report
Bergmeister wrote:

I think his passive is imperative to his diversity. It allows for Xbal to focus on other stats like attack speed or lifesteal. His passive is gives you damage equal to quite a bit of the physical damage items. That's why I usually give him loads of attack speed and crit chance. Without this passive his overall damage will fall off greatly. And replying to the passive that has to do with more damage at lower mana. Why would want lower mana that just seems more hurtful than helpful.

The problem is that the passive is a bad passive from a design point of view. It offers a lot of power for doing basically nothing other than playing the game how you would normally go about it. We're not saying the effect it has is overpowered and needs to be nerfed, we're saying that the way we get that power needs to have a more engaging and interactive design. If you simply play a god for its power for doing nothing, then this change will annoy you, but I assure you that if we can find a better way to implement the power, then the god will definitely be more fun and rewarding to play. Heck, since now the ability will most likely require effort to activate, the power the passive provides could actually go up.

The thing is whenever a change happens, someone will be disappointed, but in order for a healthy, fun and interesting game, the changes need to happen and all the bad, overpowered or broken abilities need to be removed for the sake of the overall game.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }