Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Wyrd, the norn

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Wyrd, the norn 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Calamares » June 2, 2013 12:37pm | Report
Name: Wyrd
Title: The Norn
Pantheon: Norse
Tags: Physical, ranged, support, carry
Wyrd is a female godess that throws scissors with her basic attacks.
By the roots of the great world tree Yggdrasil lived the norns, the norns had a string for every human and god. The norns could clip the string and deside when someone would die, they could tie a knot on someones string and make that human or god have trouble in their lives. The norns didn't only do bad things though, if they tied to ropes together those two humans or gods would get married.

Passive:String of fate: Wyrd basic attacks have a 10% chance of applying a string on the god she attacks. The string will be on the gods until she uses a ability on that god or until that god dies.

Bright future: Wyrd sends out a string infront of her, if it hits an ally it heals them for 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 seconds. The string also gives some of her abilities a second use. The string lasts until she uses an ability on the ally god or until that ally dies. Only one ally god can have a string applied to them.
Heal per tick/second: 10/15/20/25/30 Cooldown:15 seconds Mana cost:65/70/75/80/85

Knot: Wyrd sends out a string with a knot on it in front of her. If it hits an enemy it will deal 80/120/160/200/240 dmg (+40% of your physical power). If the enemy has a string applied to him that god will also be stunned for 2 seconds. This ability can also be used on an ally god if that ally god has a string applied to them giving the ally god a 15/20/25/30/35% movement speed buff for 4 seconds. Cooldown:20 seconds Mana cost: 60/70/80/90/100

Steady hand: This ability increases Wyrds attack speed for 20/30/40/50/60% for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds. Nearby allies with a string applied to them also gets the increased attack speed.
Radius: 35 Cooldown:10 seconds. Mana cost: 75/80/85/90/95

Clip a string: Wyrd clips the strings of all enemy gods that have a string applied to them dealing 200/250/300/350/400 (+100% of your physical power) Cooldown: 90 seconds. Mana cost:60/80/100/120/140

Calamares

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 2, 2013 12:56pm | Report
Hmm... I have some problems here, but I do like the idea. She, strangely enough, sounds like a *****-Neith/Aphro-titties combination.

Before you read this, remember that this is all opinion. It's inevitably your idea, so do as you wish.

There is a lot of... string, here. If the passive AND the abilities are throwing string, how you can you tell which string is from which skill? It's honestly confusing, and it will be especially confusing if you are in the middle of battle and there are 3-4 or more strings flying around.

To fix that, you could work on the passive a bit. Maybe change it so that she has a chainauto-attack combo, where at the end she shoots a string at the nearest God that works as a slow and causes her abilities to have second effects. Dunno, it's up to you, but that's just an idea.

For Bright Future, looking at your other abilities, this is really similar to Aphrodite (her Kiss), which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I do like the second effects, but as I said, there's a bit too much string going on here.

Knot: Maybe remove the ally buff... I personally don't feel it.

Steady Hand: It's not bad, but it's missing something. I cannot say what.

Clip: That is really situational, and isn't helpful in a team fight. Since she's missing a lot of damage from her abilities, maybe make this a universal Ult that does damage to all enemies. Of course, you would have to reduce the damage a bit, but imagine if the Ult lashed people with strings and dealt damage. It's a thought.

I like the idea, but it could use work. Good job, though XD.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Calamares » June 2, 2013 1:08pm | Report
I guess you are right at many of the things that you pointed out but she doesn't throw strings with her passive, you might want to read that again ;) But I will defenetly bare the things you said in mind and maybe do some changes :)

Calamares

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 2, 2013 1:21pm | Report
I think her 3 should be lowered, 60% attack speed for you and an ally? plus say a ne zha flaming spear, that can get OP.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 2, 2013 2:39pm | Report
Max (screw typing out your name) is right, in a combo that is devastating.

AND I LOVE THROWING STRING! T'was word choice, 'tis all.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 2, 2013 3:20pm | Report
JararoNatsu wrote:

Max (screw typing out your name) is right, in a combo that is devastating.

AND I LOVE THROWING STRING! T'was word choice, 'tis all.

Lol that's fine. But do the strings need to be within a range, like Aphro's kiss, or does it just not break and can go wherever, on enemies at least.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » June 2, 2013 3:24pm | Report
I would imagine that there would be a range.

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 2, 2013 3:29pm | Report
But then her ult could be really useless because enemies could pop sprint and flee her range of the strings.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 6, 2013 2:35am | Report
Ok, the string mechanic is broken and unusable. Unlike the other god you designed, Skadi, who is not reliant on the passive, this one has it's skill set completely based on chance, and anything that relies on chance is unplayable. You are basing her ultimate around how lucky you get, that is a terrible idea and makes it useless as you have to try to get this string on 5 people.

Any strategy is ruined as you have based your abilities on luck. There has to be a reliable way to apply string to gods or else this god design, which I'll be blunt, is trash.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }