Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

typhon the beast of Etna (Greek)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » typhon the beast of Etna (Greek) 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » October 20, 2014 1:37pm | Report
god: typhon

lore: birthed by gaia after the death and exile of her favorite children,the titans, typhon was born only to kill and destroy. fighting the gods with flaming breath and sharpened talons, typhon scared all the gods away, apart from Zeus who then proceeded to duel with typhon for 2 days. almost defeated, Zeus found his chance when typhon lifted a mountain to kill him, throwing his lighting bolt at the mountain which broke apart trapping typhon underneath its mass,typhon's molten saliva slowly emerging from the peak forming mount Etna.

trapped under mount Etna typhon raged at his defeat but all the time he was trapped typhon was regaining his strength, for one day he would walk the earth again and claim his vengeance against the gods.

passive: blood of gaia
the earths blood flows through his veins increasing his strength with ever god he kills in gaia's name
with every god he kills, typhon gets an increase to his attack damage but after a kill his ability's will slowly be altered (1 kill=altered ability 1) but it will reach its maximum at 4 charges.

volcanic winds
channeling the heat of Etna, typhon summons volcanic winds to assist his allies while hindering his foes
(see smiling pies comment below, hurts enemies at 1 charge)

molten skin
for a short period of time typhon's skin burns with unnatural flames lowering the damage done to him
(when passive is at 2 charges it will damage attackers)

claws of the earth
smashing his claws into the ground,typhon forms a large flaming fissure which hurts and slows enemies
(at 3 charges will become a parallel barrier blocking the target escape, similar to cabrakan's tectonic shift but with slightly less damage)

voice of Etna
roaring into the air, typhon unleashes the power of Etna on any nearby enemies
(aof centered on typhon causes large amounts of damage and possibly knock back. similar range to sylvanus's wrath of Terra)

note:this is my first time making a god so any pointers or advice would be obliged. also if anyone has any ideas on damage, range and stats that would be helpful since i dont want to make him over powered or under powered.

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » October 21, 2014 8:47am | Report
also design wise i think he should look similar to this but with talons instead of serpents on his hands

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoulSpam » October 21, 2014 6:04pm | Report
What role is this god?

SoulSpam

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » October 22, 2014 11:57am | Report
i can imagine him as a sort of tank, crowd control sort of character blocking the escape of enemies once he has his full set of charges from his passive, and slowing before that allowing his allies and himself to get in and deal a finishing blow while his volcanic breath can help cull minions while punishing gods.

necroshadow

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SmilingPie » October 23, 2014 2:58am | Report
This god sounds awesome! I'm gonna rate most aspects of it.

Passive, I can imagine this being very good if the buff is moderately high, maybe 5% damage in general AFTER items have been applied. This makes his ability able to put him in front of others early on the match, very far on he won't be as strong but none the less still strong. I think it's a very good ability but will have to be played around to see the perfect number for him. I also think all his skills should slowly change when he reaches 5 kills, maybe at 2 kills his 2nd ability changes, 3 kills 3rd ability, etc.

Ability One: To similar to Ares's searing flesh. I recommend a support skill for him. Maybe a hot wind that boosts speeds of allies running in it and slows enemies running against while they also take damage. Maybe you have your own idea for another ability but I really love Ares's Searing Flesh, so I had to put it out there.

Ability Two: Not bad at all, I don't really have anything to add to this.

Ability Three: It seems to generic to me. Although it sounds like a good skill, I didn't think Typhon had claws. Maybe he would be rooted in place and be able to move these fissures while damaging enemies but until a certain time limit the fissures will pop out of the ground and trap who ever is in it. This is a just an idea but other than that it's very good standard ability.

Ultimate: It's just epic. There are thousand of more ideas to choose from just because this god has so many different stories about him. You could of made him summon his children lol. But this ability works awesome to, the passive gave me an idea that when he reaches five kills he would breathe fire all around him in a 180 degrees cone. The knock back would be unnecessary if you made it insane damage and decent range.

Thoughts: Interesting god. Looks like a very warrior type god but is leaning more to guardian i think. The ideas for it are great and after all, it's just a game, be wacky with your ideas but not to wacky.

SmilingPie

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OwnedBySin » October 23, 2014 6:52am | Report
Considered the most OP god in Greek mythology. Wouldn't mind seeing this one ingame.

Guardian/Warrior role will suit him sell.

OwnedBySin

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OwnedBySin » October 23, 2014 6:52am | Report
OwnedBySin wrote:

Considered the most OP god in Greek mythology. Wouldn't mind seeing this one ingame.

Guardian/Warrior role will suit him well.

OwnedBySin

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by necroshadow » October 23, 2014 7:19am | Report
SmilingPie wrote:

This god sounds awesome! I'm gonna rate most aspects of it.

Passive, I can imagine this being very good if the buff is moderately high, maybe 5% damage in general AFTER items have been applied. This makes his ability able to put him in front of others early on the match, very far on he won't be as strong but none the less still strong. I think it's a very good ability but will have to be played around to see the perfect number for him. I also think all his skills should slowly change when he reaches 5 kills, maybe at 2 kills his 2nd ability changes, 3 kills 3rd ability, etc.

Ability One: To similar to Ares's searing flesh. I recommend a support skill for him. Maybe a hot wind that boosts speeds of allies running in it and slows enemies running against while they also take damage. Maybe you have your own idea for another ability but I really love Ares's Searing Flesh, so I had to put it out there.

Ability Two: Not bad at all, I don't really have anything to add to this.

Ability Three: It seems to generic to me. Although it sounds like a good skill, I didn't think Typhon had claws. Maybe he would be rooted in place and be able to move these fissures while damaging enemies but until a certain time limit the fissures will pop out of the ground and trap who ever is in it. This is a just an idea but other than that it's very good standard ability.

Ultimate: It's just epic. There are thousand of more ideas to choose from just because this god has so many different stories about him. You could of made him summon his children lol. But this ability works awesome to, the passive gave me an idea that when he reaches five kills he would breathe fire all around him in a 180 degrees cone. The knock back would be unnecessary if you made it insane damage and decent range.

Thoughts: Interesting god. Looks like a very warrior type god but is leaning more to guardian i think. The ideas for it are great and after all, it's just a game, be wacky with your ideas but not to wacky.

i didn't know about ares's searing flesh but thanks for telling me i will have a think on what other abilities i could use but the wind idea sounds cool since the heat from volcanoes causes the wind to rise and Pompeii is a great example of super heated winds mixed with ash. apart from that though thanks for the ideas and on the design side i have always thought of typhon with multiple serpent heads or a single human head with a serpent beard but always with claws so it made sense to me but depends on the version of the myth.

i am thinking of making a profile and kit for cernunnos (the Celtic god of the hunt), Charybdis (as a siren/sea creature similar to Scylla but with a more adult like and attractive body fitting of a siren since im stretching and molding the mythology a bit) and the devourer (the egyptian monster who ate the souls of the unworthy)

necroshadow

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }