Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Somnus "God of Sleep"

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Somnus "God of Sleep" 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » February 10, 2014 8:07pm | Report
Ive seen Hypnos profiles, Im throwing this one out there because there are many Greek gods already. It makes more sense to use his Roman name.

Quick bio: The brother of Thanatos, he brings sleep to the world. Sleep can aid or destroy people. Somnus uses his power to turn the tides of war. Will he bring peace to mankind, or unleash a nightmare?

Active: Only a Dream
He enters the game intangible. He is transparent; his basic attack deals no damage and he cannot be damaged. His basic attack applies a 'Z' effect on targets. Every 'Z' slows down the target by 5% in both attack speed and movement speed. There is a max of 5 'Z's. They wear off over time. 5sec for each 'Z'.

1. Fatigue
Splashes 'Z' effect in a localized area. Number of 'Z' applied is equal to ability level: 1/2/3/4/5. Minions and jungle monsters with 'Z's on them take 50 damage per 'Z' every 5sec as they wear off overtime.
cooldown- 10sec

2. Rest and Relaxation
Targets within a set distance of Somnus have all 'Z's on them removed. They are stunned 0.7 sec for each 'Z' removed. Somnus becomes tangible for 40/35/30/25/15 sec. During this time he can deal physical damage and take damage.
Allies in the field effect are healed 40% of their max health over the next 30sec.
Cooldown- 5sec

3. Nightmare
Somnus can attack and be attacked by any enemy with a 'Z' on them. Each level the ability gives a small damage and defense boost on Somnus.
Last as long as 15sec after last striking or being attacked by an enemy with a 'Z' on them.
Coodown- 15sec

4. The Sandman Cometh
Applies 5 'Z's on all enemies around him and activates Nightmare.

Somnus is an assassin and pusher. While intangible he is untouchable and really annoying. But cannot kill players. While tangible he can deal great damage, but is a glass sword similar to Mercury.

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CrystalStorm » February 11, 2014 9:32am | Report
I don´t really know what you would build on him if he does no damage.
Is he something like a helpful spirit when you cant attack him ?
I just don´t know what i should think of his passive .
My favourite god are Aphrodite and Chang´e.My favourite Lol champions are Lux and Nami.My favourite Dawngate shaper is Amarynth.My favourite Dota 2 hero is Crystal Maiden.Yes i love Mobas

My Smite is IcepriestSK.
My LoL is CrystalStorm257.
My Dawngate is CrystalStormSK.

CrystalStorm

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MythOfMercury » February 11, 2014 5:50pm | Report
He deals damage when he's tangent. He'll be transparent when he is not tangent. When he is ghost like he can only slow enemy players and deal some damage to minions. He becomes tangent through his other abilities, in which he acts as an assassin. Hes a damage build.

MythOfMercury

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » February 16, 2014 11:00pm | Report
A bit too far out. I don't think it would be used often.

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » February 17, 2014 10:08am | Report
Okay, so when you look at what he has, it's this-
Attack speed slow to destroy late game hunters
A possible level 1 3.5 second stun.
Literally just jungle Somnus, easy counterjungling; sit at buff, watch them take it, hand of the gods.
I don't think passive invulnerability should be a thing. Unless he attacks you, you can't attack him, making him ideal for noobs who get caught out constantly.
But ewww...a 3.5 second stun?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }