Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Smite improvements

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Smite improvements 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SacredElite » June 21, 2013 10:17am | Report
Greetings Smite Community!

I have been on Smite for a while. As every fan, I would like Hi-Rez to go into the right direction with Smite. To do so, I have done some research on what details players focus on. So Smite can be polished/improved and continue to go in the right direction.

Now I won't suggest improvements on the gameplay/balance of gods, as it is still in beta and certainly will be fixed later on.

1. The map
The maps are artful, and since the new patch ( that adds nice effects on the plantlife as well ) the maps have been improved. Though, the maps roads & jungle are linear compared to other MOBA's. ( especially the conquest one ) Now Smite doesn't have to become a second LoL or Dota, but having roads full of moss, or small braches growing out of the road. Or cracked/overgrown bricks wouldn't harm the game, wouldn't it? It would create a more alive envirioment, and makes the map more realistic/artful. It doesn't have to be a disco but, more detail would be nice.

2. Menu & Loading screen
First impressions count, and on the gameplay itself it has a great one imo. Though the menu of the game is disseapointing. A game with such an amazing gameplay, should atleast have a well designed/ practical menu. But the graphics and textures are really low, or atleast lower then other games. The loading screen is similar to LoL, yet it manages to have lower textures.. A better menu/loading screen would really help on the first impression.

There is more then listed above that should need improvement. But the game is still in beta, and I trust that Hi-Rez is working hard on its progression. Please share your opinion and tell me if I'm wrong, thanks for reading my suggestions!
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame

SacredElite

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 21, 2013 6:00pm | Report
SacredElite wrote:

Greetings Smite Community!

I have been on Smite for a while. As every fan, I would like Hi-Rez to go into the right direction with Smite. To do so, I have done some research on what details players focus on. So Smite can be polished/improved and continue to go in the right direction.

Now I won't suggest improvements on the gameplay/balance of gods, as it is still in beta and certainly will be fixed later on.

1. The map
The maps are artful, and since the new patch ( that adds nice effects on the plantlife as well ) the maps have been improved. Though, the maps roads & jungle are linear compared to other MOBA's. ( especially the conquest one ) Now Smite doesn't have to become a second LoL or Dota, but having roads full of moss, or small braches growing out of the road. Or cracked/overgrown bricks wouldn't harm the game, wouldn't it? It would create a more alive envirioment, and makes the map more realistic/artful. It doesn't have to be a disco but, more detail would be nice.

2. Menu & Loading screen
First impressions count, and on the gameplay itself it has a great one imo. Though the menu of the game is disseapointing. A game with such an amazing gameplay, should atleast have a well designed/ practical menu. But the graphics and textures are really low, or atleast lower then other games. The loading screen is similar to LoL, yet it manages to have lower textures.. A better menu/loading screen would really help on the first impression.

There is more then listed above that should need improvement. But the game is still in beta, and I trust that Hi-Rez is working hard on its progression. Please share your opinion and tell me if I'm wrong, thanks for reading my suggestions!

1. It would hurt the game. The game is slow as it is for me, and adding those may make it worse.

Also, matchmaking is terrible in this game.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 21, 2013 11:28pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Also, matchmaking is terrible in this game.

I have heard people say that, but none of those people tried something like GCI or even lol and dota2 have terrible matchmaking (I can't ever get in a game)

Trust me, this is far worse. Granted ,it might be equal in terms of how long it'll take for you to find a game, but people prefer the idea of getting a game on demand as opposed to being matched after a delay.

This matchmaking just enforces a negative attitude to the players.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SacredElite » June 22, 2013 6:18am | Report
Well Buddha, it might get slower for you. But I'm sorry to say that how the game runs is your responsibility. If you can't afford/don't want to buy a good enough PC to run Smite well, it isn't the fault of Hi-rez, and shouldn't stop improveming its content.
Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame

SacredElite

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 22, 2013 6:40am | Report
SacredElite wrote:

Well Buddha, it might get slower for you. But I'm sorry to say that how the game runs is your responsibility. If you can't afford/don't want to buy a good enough PC to run Smite well, it isn't the fault of Hi-rez, and shouldn't stop improveming its content.

he does have a point. You need to make your game as available as you can. That is one of the reasons why League of Legends got so popular. Mobas don't even need an overkill of graphics, because they are a lot of the times ran on laptops and lesser computers. Smite is improving, but in a way that it's available to everyone. Also, I am not sure if Buddha's opinion is also a bit because there are no Australian servers and he feels like no one cares about him :'(

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 22, 2013 8:10pm | Report
SacredElite wrote:

They have to consider their playerbase. I know this isn't true, but if none of them had a computer that could run amazing graphics, should Hi-Rez continue to bump up the graphics? No, because they'd essentially make their game unplayable to a majority of players. Graphics do nothing but make pretty eye candy. As long as you can identify everything, then the game is fine. And considering the balancing of the current game, upping the graphics would be a terrible idea, as the graphics are already good. Not many people play a MOBA to marvel at small details, as it is too action packed for that.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 22, 2013 8:30pm | Report
My friends didn't play smite because they say the graphic is not good enough (although I like the graphic of old joust than the new one)

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }