Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Setesh (Set, Seth), Egyptian god of chaos and storms

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Setesh (Set, Seth), Egyptian god of chaos and storms 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 21, 2014 12:47pm | Report

God Name: Setesh (Also known as Set)

Role: Guardian
Type: Melee Magical
Patron Of: Winds, Storms, Chaos, War, Conflict, Upper Egypt, Foreigners

Setesh or Set or Seth is a god of the desert, storms, disorder, violence and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion. Set is not however a god to be ignored or avoided, he has a positive role where he is employed by Ra on his solar boat to repel the serpent of Chaos Apep (Apophis). Set had a vital role as a reconciled combatant. He was lord of the red (desert) land where he was the balance to Horus' role as lord of the black (soil) land.

In Egyptian mythology, Set is portrayed as the usurper who killed and mutilated his own brother Osiris. Osiris' wife Isis reassembled Osiris' corpse and resurrected him long enough to conceive his son and heir Horus. Horus sought revenge upon Set, and the myths describe their conflicts. The death of Osiris and the battle between Horus and Set is a popular theme in Egyptian mythology.

Passive:
Jealousy of Setesh
Setesh is a jealous god. He is prone to act out when he is wronged or another gets something he wants. Setesh grows jealous when he assists in a kill and he becomes more determined to ensure the next kill is at his hands.

When Setesh assists in a kill, all of his cooldowns (except ultimate) are refreshed.

Ability 1:
Spear the Serpent
Charged with defending Ra's barge, Setesh has the ability to leap forward and spear an opponent, stunning and rooting them. The target is stunned for a short period of initial shock and then rooted in place if Setesh holds the spear.

Setesh leaps forward quickly. If an enemy is at the spot he lands the enemy is stunned for 0.4/0.6/0.8/1.0/1.2s and takes 70/110/150/190/230 (+50% of your magical power) damage. If, upon landing, Setesh takes no actions the target will be rooted for an additional 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2s. Upon moving, attacking, or using an ability the root is immediately broken.

Ability 2:
Chaotic Winds
Setesh engulfs himself and nearby allies in a swirling and chaotic sand storm. The storm swirls faster and with more fury as Setesh's health drops.

All nearby allies, including himself, gain a damage aura that deals 10/20/30/40/50 (+20% of your magic power) every .5s to all enemies. For every 20% of Setesh's missing health, the tick rate of damage speeds up by .1s.

Ability 3:
Sandstorm
Setesh, master of the desert, can summon a billowing sandstorm around his target. It blinds and disorients the target until finally dissipating.

The target enemy is blinded and deafened by swirling sand for 1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3s. The targets movement speed is reduced by a random 0 to 25% for the duration. Finally, the targets protections are debuffed by 5/10/15/20/25 while in the storm.

Ultimate:
Sow Discord
Sowing discord amongst the enemies of Egypt is something Setesh is all to familiar with. When enacting this ultimate, all of the opposing gods are thrust into a state of confusion.

Setesh causes chaos among all enemy gods for 5/6/7/8/9s seconds. During this time, the enemy gods will see random health and mana bars on all allies and enemy gods leaving them unable to determine the truth health/mana of friends and foes. The bars will randomize every second.

Other Notes/Comments:
I really debated on making him a guardian or not given that we now have two Egyptian guardians. However, given he is known as a protector/guardian of Ra's barge and his abilities are more support oriented, it made sense.

I also had the wicked idea of bringing his chaos factor to the next level and randomly assigning his role at the start of each game (One game he's a mage, another an assassin, etc). But I thought this may not only be too confusing an difficult to balance, but it would also kill his feasibility in competitive since you couldn't plan your team.

Lastly, I would like to point out that this idea is more of a concept and less hard numbers. I included some damage numbers and stun times, based off other gods, but these numbers (as well as any stats) would need to be tweaked and adjusted.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » January 21, 2014 2:41pm | Report
I like the concept, but I thnk you tried to fit too many parts of the lore in at once (I know I've had that problem). I would choose one element, desert, chaos, and stick with it. The passive is good, but I'm not sure about it on a guardian, maybe more of a hyper carry or assassin. The ultiamte needs to get reworked, very under powered.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 21, 2014 7:10pm | Report
Agreed. The whole storm skill seemed weird to me but he was the god of heavy rains and thunder. Though in hindsight, if I replace that skill with something more sand or chaos based it'd probably be better.

I think the passive on a guardian is not really any difference than double melee damage on Ymir. Having a teammate kill an enemy and instantly being able to use your root and other abilities again would be valuable on anyone.

As for the ultimate, why do you feel it is underpowered? I actually thought it was too powerful. Maybe if the time was increased? During a teamfight, if you can't tell how much health or mana anyone has it could make things very difficult. Though I suppose with highly organized teams it would fall a little short.

I thought about also having it scramble the fire giants health bar. But I thought this may be too powerful. You start an FG fight, pop the ult, and the enemy wont' know when to pop the 25% hand. Again though, I thought this may be too good.

If it is felt to be underpowered. It could be a silent ability. In other words, the enemy has no visual cue that it was used unless they see the healthbar suddenly change. It could confuse the minimap by saying all camps are gone (even though they may not be) [or vs versa].

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 21, 2014 11:32pm | Report
Updated the #2 ability to maintain the sandstorm theme. Converted it into a team buff.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » January 22, 2014 5:19am | Report
Only a few things-
The fact that on the 2 its 20% missing health for .1 second faster?
If you were at 1 health it would spin .4 seconds faster.
That's like, nothing at all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » January 22, 2014 5:56am | Report
Sloogz wrote:

Only a few things-
The fact that on the 2 its 20% missing health for .1 second faster?
If you were at 1 health it would spin .4 seconds faster.
That's like, nothing at all.

Biggest problem is that when Seth is dead the tick rate speed would be 0.0s. Meaning a instant kill. But I re-assure you that 0.1s faster per 20% is quite a bit. Sitting at 40% health would mean damage ticks that's double the speed of Ao Kuang his tornadoes.

The god has a interesting kit - not really looking into if it's overpowered or not. I like the out of the box-thinking skills.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryvvik » January 22, 2014 4:23pm | Report
Thank you Thiel. And yes, I figured the .1 was a big deal...but again, its less about looking at 'over powered' since all of those numbers can be tweaked with play testing.

Ryvvik

Remarkable (7)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » January 22, 2014 7:14pm | Report
Ryvvik wrote:

Thank you Thiel. And yes, I figured the .1 was a big deal...but again, its less about looking at 'over powered' since all of those numbers can be tweaked with play testing.

Seeing as this could never get play tested, consider these reviews play testing,

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }